Her hand reaches over to the stack of bright pink papers held in her arms, taking a single sheet and mercilessly showing it to me. A picture of her last year as homecoming queen and in bold letters of the title 'Vote Kelsey 4 Prom Queen."

"It's just a little reminder for the student body who will be attending prom. Of course I know you'll probably not even take a chance to vote for me but I'm the only girl with high votes of winning." Her petty grin forms on her mouth as she puts back the flyer in the rest of the stacks.

"Oh yeah I forgot..That's a shame for your date though. How is he these days?" I gently remind her of the man who choked me too many times as the one she planned to take to prom. Thank god he no longer has to go in person to school so it keeps me from slicing his dick off.

Kelsey lifts an eyebrow and shakes her head. "I wouldn't fucking know since he decided to break up with me the day he went to jail." She huffs. "You just had to play the victim again didn't you because that's all you're good at."

Her words punch me to my thoughts, tracing back to when she seemingly said in the bathroom about me before I finally cut her off from being my friend. I outgrew her and made myself whole again and let everything go behind. However, she remained the same.

"Playing the victim isn't the same as telling the whole truth, Kelsey. Because I don't have to fight for attention so that guys can actually fuck me." I snare at her.

I lean my head closer to her, the foundation caked into her pores and those icy blue irises looking to shoot lasers at me again. I've seen worse  with targets than her who I had to kill up close. 

All I can imagine is the gears in Kelsey's artificial head grinding as her skin becomes flustered with red. "Oh please, at least I'm not some friendless loser who spends her days wallowing with herself. I would've called the mental institution sooner or later but I guess that's too late." Her voice is agitated with sarcasm. We're both in a dog fight right now and I'm not going to lose to her.

I can only hold myself back from grabbing a weapon from my backpack or bra and just ending it all, but I can't pull a fast one especially with people still in the halls. We have to settle by shit talking to each other until the homeroom rings.

"It's better than being in a friendship with you, I presume. " I poke back and this time she grunts, eyebrows creasing together and the stack of paper is getting crushed by the grip of her polished nails. "Because we were never friends from the start and never will again. So if you think that you can waltz in with another shit talking comment about who I am, you guessed wrong." All there is the anger and hurt that's been suffocating me ever since and it's time for me to show her it.

"So, believe what you want, Kelsey. Because I know the truth about you being the most attention seeking problematic backstabber that you really are. If that's the game you wanna play until graduation, then let's play it."

My presence is threatening her once again. She tries to hold off the fear that's rattling inside, her emotions being bottled up only for it to pour out sooner or later. I can read her body language as her throat is trembling to come up with something to say back at me.

Kelsey finally finds the courage and shakes her head. "No, I'm not fucking afraid of you Sloane." She says bitterly.

"Well you should be. Because I'd be careful about what you do when you're not alone and someone you love tries to hurt you. That's what Brayden did to me and I'm sure glad he's rotting in a cell right now rather than being with you." I spit those last few words as a warning for her obnoxious head so she can see my point of view straight.

With my anger pented and my eyes glaring lasers at her, she's becoming far worse than I've seen the last 4 and half years of torture and gaslighting. She'll be worth nothing to me once I leave Greendale for good.