Marinette's blue eyes were glossy as he finished speaking.. that was the most beautiful most.. profound confession she'd ever heard.. if only she could describe her love for Adrien as easy as Luka described his love for you.

"So, How'd I do?" He was still grinning, he really was an idiot in love. Promising to go wherever you were going, did he even hear himself?

"It was.. it was beautiful Luka.." she was still at a loss for words after hearing such a heartfelt confession.

"Alright, I think I'm ready — No! I know I'm ready. I can't leave this building without telling [Y/N] how I feel!"

If only he knew that a pair of eyes was watching, planning to make the next series of events the worst possible scenario that could have ever played out.

Of course he didn't see you and Adrien kiss, it was all and illusion.. And after he saw the two of you.. He wished that his love for you was an illusion as well..

♡♡♡

"Wait — She swears she saw you confessing to me..? I knew she thought something else happened but I didn't know that's what she thought.." it was as if a lightbulb had been turned on inside of Marinette's head as she pieced the information together. It's a good thing she was a quick thinker otherwise Luka would have probably been sulking in his room for another week.

"Yeah.. It's whatever though." His tone was bland, there was little to no emotion in his voice..

"No- Luka! [Y/N] didn't kiss Adrien and she didn't see you confessing to me!" She walked over to his bed and grabbed his hands, gently holding them between hers. She hoped that this small interaction would bring some life back into him and thankfully she was right.

He looked up at her with ocean blue eyes. Eyes surrounded by stains that were no doubt caused by tears but most importantly eyes full of hope.

"But how..?" He questioned, every fiber in his body was telling him not to believe her but he had to, for the sake of love.

"A few weeks ago.. [Y/N] got into a tussle with this girl in our class.. her name is Lila and she's known for her lies. Well, Lila has been akumatized several times, each usually under the villain "Volpina". She has the power to create illusions- to make people see what isn't there. She must have saw you and I together and overheard the conversation.. and then repeated your confession in the illusion that [Y/N] saw so that-"

"So that [Y/N] believed that I confessed to you!" He cut her off but it was with good intention. After all he just found out that everything that he knew about what happened was a misunderstanding and when it hit him.. it hit him like a truck.

Part of him wanted to be happy, you hadn't betrayed his trust and used him for a fling while you were in Paris. Then the other part of him realized everything that he had done to you.. everything that he had said.. How mean and rude he had been to you when you were just as confused as him. You were nothing but kind to him, all you wanted was answers and yet he allowed part of him to take out his frustration on you. And after realizing that you had done nothing wrong in the first place, all he could do was succumb to the guilt that was eating away at him in the first place.

He didn't realize he had been crying until he felt Marinette patting soft tissues at his eyes. She was sure he had irritated them from rubbing them so often to cause eyeliner smudges.

He hated for her to see him like this, so defeated, so weak, so.. heartbroken..

She wrapped her arms around him gently and pulled him into a warm embrace. As much as she wanted to think about how you didn't kiss Adrien and how there was a chance with him still. She could only think about how you would comfort Luka in this situation.. after all you were the one thing that brought him the most comfort.

There was a lot of things you didn't know about Luka. When you were away he would always talk about you, to his classmates to his friends, hell even to people he'd just met. He'd always hum the song he named after you, only because it was the one thing that reminded him so much of you even when you weren't there. He was lovesick and part of him wasn't ashamed.

That's' why Marinette knew that she had to comfort him. But for his sake, the thing he needed right now the most was you and she simply couldn't get that.. a hug would suffice.

Silent sobs and sniffles were heard from the fabric of her shirt, all of the confusion and frustration. It was finally being let out.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]... I'm so sorry.. How could I have been so stupid..? I knew you would never kiss Adrien.." those were the only words he managed to form between sobs.

♡♡♡

You leaned closer to him, your lips were inches away from each other. The moonlight was shining brighter than ever.. how perfect for a moment like this? You slowly closed your eyes as you felt yourself let go.. finally you had no reason to feel guilty anymore.. after all this is what Luka wanted right? He was so sure of it too..

He saw you kiss Adrien.

♡♡♡