«chapter forty-two: going after him»

Start from the beginning

But I am not logical right now. I don't care. I just want both of them back. So that I can kill Dick myself for what he did.

Because what he did... how he held me... how he kissed me... he was saying good-bye. And that thought will send me spiraling.

"I don't care," I state, making Jake close his eyes as if he were in pain.

"Brooke, please agree-" He tries.

"You can't ask me to-" My eyes widen as I realize what their plan was with him here. We he looks so pained for me. "Don't you dare." I whisper in shock before my face turns to anger, "You wouldn't dare."

He looks at me with sad eyes as he says, "You need to calm down and step away from the door, Brooke. Let us figure this out before you go get yourself killed."

"If you dare even to hum in my direction..." I step away from him, a threat in my voice.

"Don't make me do this, "He nearly begs, his eyes full of pain. "Just for once, let us deal with something."

I can't. Not when it comes to him. I can't stand by. I won't.

So I run.

And he unleashes his power on me.

"Sleep."

I fight it as long as I can, but I feel my muscles give up, listening to him instead of my own brain. My brain is barely responding now.

"I won't forgive you," I whisper as he grabs me and holds me up, keeping me from hitting the floor.

"Yes, you will," He mutters, "But if you don't, at least you will be alive."

Thats the last thing I hear before I, for the second time, go unconscious against my will.

_________________

(a few hours later)

I snuck out. They forgot Jake's powers are limited and that he couldn't keep me asleep.

M'gann was the only one left at the house. The others were, and probably still are, looking for any sign of Dick.

If M'gann knew I was awake. She didn't try to stop me. Both are completely possible situations from how I look at things. She knew what it was like to lose Conner. She would have wanted to be there.

Or she just didn't hear me and I am better than I thought as sneaking out. Once again, also possible.

Which is how I am sitting on a roof in Gotham, waiting to be kidnapped so I can see that stupid asshole and give him a piece of my mind... after we survive of course.

Almost as if I summon them, I hear them behind me.

I pretend I don't, looking out over Gotham before I turn, and am met with a needle.

Ah, shit. Again?

_________________

This is honestly ridiculous. The amount of times I have been knocked out is unreasonable and if it were for the fact that one of them was by the man I trust more than anyone and the last was willingly, I would be very disappointed in myself.

A shiver goes up my spine as I take in the dark, empty room.

We have to be underground. There isn't any wear that we wouldn't be able to find a place to keep those zombie things if it weren't underground.

I look to my right and see a door, the only opening being a window that has bars over it.

"Hey!" I shout, not bothering do deal with the formalities.