Suddenly, the witch's new sigils started glowing uncontrollably. Strange jagged lines the color of the sigils started to take them over.

Navalia looked horrified as they all fell down, unable to move or speak. Hunter tried to comfort her by putting his arm around her.

If she didn't want to join a coven before, she sure as hell didn't want to now. The other Golden Guard examined one of the witches.

"They're... still alive."

"Gather the palismen."

Navalia couldn't imagine how much those people were suffering right now... having to deal with that pain while fully awake and not being able to do anything about it.

The thought terrified her.

Hunter felt his heart twist when she gripped him and saw her scared expression. He hadn't seen it till now.

He helped her back out of the memory.

Hunter expected Navalia to say something about how Belos was purposely trying to hurt the  people he claimed he cared about.

But instead...

"Hey Hunter... could you give me your hand?"

"Uh... yeah, sure."

He placed his right hand in hers. Navalia pulled douche glove and lifted the sleeve. Her eyes landed on his Emperor's Coven sigil.

The worry was plain to see on her face. Her hand was shaking.

"Hey, look at me."

Hunter lifted her head up so her eyes met his. He held her hand.

"You don't have to worry about me ending up like them. He's improved sigil magic since then. Plus—"

Navalia hugged him. Only this one felt different. She was scared, and desperately wanted to protect him and keep him safe.

"I'm scared for you, Hunter. I've been like that for so long now... I'm scared to even let you go sometimes."

Hunter rubbed her back. When Navalia looked ahead, she saw another strange portrait.

Philip Wittebane was speaking to Luz, Lilith, and Navalia when they went through the time pool that one time.

Her suspicions must've been true...

Hunter felt her tight grasp on his cloak.

"Hey, maybe he's remembering things wrong. Who knows how mindscapes work, anyways?"

Navalia pulled back and wiped her tears.

"You do!"

"Well maybe I'm an idiot!"

She laughed sarcastically.

"That was already a given!"

She ran after Hunter, who started chasing Kid Belos. When he cornered the kid, the druidic inner Belos monster was behind Navalia.