"I'm alive, oh aunt of mine," Jade sighed, closing the door behind her as they began to walk down the corridor that was starting to fill up with people again. She quickly gave Melissa a hug, letting the nurse get back to work before she got fired. She slowly felt an anxious feeling creep it's way back in on her, making her skin crawl. What if they hadn't got to Isaac in time? And what if he hadn't made it? And what if- oh shut up. It was done. Over.

"You have to tell Stilinski. You have to tell him what's really wrong with Stiles," Derek ordered, pointing to Isaac, who was asleep in the bed. It seemed he was too busy giving a lecture to Scott to notice Jade sneak back into the room.

But Scott wasn't listening to the overlapping arguing that was taking over. His eyes were focused on the rise and fall of Isaac's chest, one thought flickering around his head; Stiles had nearly killed him. His best friend had done this amount of damage. Now he was missing, and he had no doubt that he was wrecking more carnage.

~

Jade, Scott and Melissa walked through the hallways of the hospital, a wave of déjà vu washing through the teenagers. Their friend group had spent the last two days taking it in turns to visit Isaac in the hospital, waiting and waiting to see if there would be a change.

There wasn't.

Stiles was still missing, after hitting the forty-eight hour mark. But as Melissa had said, if anyone would go missing and turn up two days later, it would be Stiles. Even with Jade slicing into her palm nearly every hour, she couldn't figure out where he was. It seemed this nogitsune was doing everything to not be found.

Jade crouched down, placing a hand on Allison's shoulder and gently shaking them. She had let Scott take the task of waking Max, who was sitting bedside Allison, and would no doubt have a heart attack from the sudden awakening.

Allison's eyes fluttered open, her head snapping to the blonde who had now found a comfortable spot on the floor. The brunette been here since ten last night, and Max had sneaked out not too long after. The two of them had obviously fell asleep, Allison trying to rub the stiffness out of their neck.

"They won't let me see him because I'm not family. I told them he doesn't have any," she sighed, shaking their head when Jade offered a granola bar. Her stomach was churning enough, and the thought of food just made them queasy.

"He's got us," Melissa exclaimed defensively. She knew that Allison hadn't meant it that way and to be fair, the four of them weren't Isaac's family. But she couldn't help viewing him as another son, as well as Scott and Max, and Jade as a daughter. She smiled to herself, thankful that she was a nurse. "And I've got a keycard."

The four teenagers jumped up from their spots on the floor, tip-toeing their way behind the woman. "Be quick," she whispered, hearing a small beep as she put her pass back into her pocket, ushering them in.

Allison slipped her hand into Jade's, squeezing it reassuringly when the both of them saw how bad he looked. They hadn't been physically allowed into his room, but that hadn't stopped them all from crowding into the waiting room and occasionally demanding updates from the doctors. The four of them cast glances with each other, nodding as they walked closer to the bed.

Isaac was asleep, his head turned to the side, allowing them to see the burns that covered his face, down to his neck and up to his hair. There was small tubes attached to him, and a machine that was thankfully beeping steadily.

"I thought he'd be healing by now," Allison stated, a line creasing between their eyes in confusion. She'd seen Scott heal from a lot worse than this, so why wasn't Isaac doing the same? Was it because Scott was an Alpha?