" No no. I just um....it's nothing. I was just worried you'd be too hungover to see my practice today."

" Of course i'll be there. Who're you playing with today?"

" Ravenclaw."

" Oh good so you have an advantage. I'm sure they'll start hurling as soon as they get in the air." Severus smirked and James grimaced.

" Oh god i hope not. Plus the Ravenclaws are always weirdly prepared. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost today."

" You're telling me Gryffindor has gotten so bad they can't even win against a fully hungover team who's captain is probably somewhere with his head in a toilet?" Severus asked and James paused.

On one hand he didn't want to poke fun at his own team. On the other hand, they would probably lose.

James has played against Brennan before and he is ruthless. He shivered when he remembered that time he threw a kid into the wall because he mistook his head as a quaffle, nearly cracked his skull open.

" I hope Brennan is tired."

" He never is."

" That's what im afraid of."

———————————————————————————

James left right after eating and let Severus get ready at his own pace. He accio'd a few pills from his trunk, pain killers and took them with his orange juice.

The throbbing was still there but barely any pain, just a weird sensation at the back of his eyes.

He found the shirt he was wearing the night before and discarded it in the laundry basket, choosing a t-shirt from James' closet.

Hopefully he wont mind.

He couldn't find anything long and landed on an oversized black t-shirt that was a size too big.

As he tossed it over his head he couldn't help but wonder. The night before was completely blank so it bother Severus that James looked distraught over something.

Maybe Severus said something? Did he do something? Did James see something?

Severus doesn't think he's done anything out of the ordinary, well except for the drunk part but other than that he doesn't know much.

He wondered about it the whole way down and while walking to the quidditch pitch. There was already a lot of noise coming from the stadium and Severus' eyebrows furrowed when he saw green scarves as he rounded the corner.

" AND VANITY SCORES! 50 POINTS TO SLYTHERIN." the announcer yelled and it felt like it was in Severus' brain trying to get out.

He climbed the stairs and sat in the stands, the cold air nipping at any skin Severus had to show. He didn't have a lot of options but he accio'd his winter robes and left James' tower pretty warm.

But sitting at the quidditch pitch with no scarf, no gloves in early Scottish winter seemed stupid.

" ARTHUR WEASLEY DEFLECTS, WILL THE GRYFFINDORS MAKE A COMEBACK?"