Keefe's Problem

Everyone burst into laughter. 

"KIDS!" Della called from downstairs, "Lunch is ready!"

"Is it just me, or did she call 18 year olds kids?" Marella asked. While Sophie was rushing to get up and rush toward the smell of food.

"She did, and it hurts more when you're 21," Wylie replied."But then again, we probably are kids compared to someone that's over a hundred years old."

"In that case, we're probably babies compared to someone like Fallon or Bronte," Fitz laughed, rushing out of the room to follow his girlfriend before she tripped and fell on the last step again. He made it just in time to stop her from becoming one with the floor. 

"Soph, I love catching you and all, but it hurts when something other than me makes you clumsy," Fitz laughed, referring to Sophie's love of food.

"Food has a special place in my heart, but your place is number one," Sophie replied before turning red and dragging him to the dining room.

They sat down and the others joined them.

"Hey, where's Keefe?" Della asked.

"In the shower," Tam answered.

Biana elaborated, "We were playing truth or dare and Keefe didn't do it, so as punishment, he had to roll around in Silveny's waste."

"Well, I hope you haven't ruined your friendships with him. We all know how protective Keefe is of his hair," Della replied and walked out.

The 'kids' enjoyed their lunch.

*******

KEEFE"S POV

As soon as we got to Everglen, I ran into the shower. As I showered with an entire bottle of shampoo I thought, Bangs boy is going to regret making me stay there. But at the same time, it's easier for me to wash away Glitterbutt's poop than to make FItz and Sophie trust me again. 

Even though I love Foster, I know she loves Fitz and he does too. Heck, I can feel that they love each other. Denying it to others may work, but denying my own feelings to myself... that's a disaster. And heck, I'm an empath with purified abilities! Denying any kind of emotion is impossible. So I need a better plan. 

I need to get over Sophie. It's the only way I can truly be her friend. And FItz's. He may never forgive me if I made a move on her. So the only way I can avoid drowning in the ocean is the hard way. I can't swim in dangerous waters, so I'll have to create something and get over it. 

FUCKIN PUCH IT INTO YOUR HEART AND BRAIN. SOPHIE FOSTER LOVES FITZ VACKER! HE WAS THE ONE THAT FOUND HER! HE WAS THE ONE THAT SHOWED HER WHERE SHE BELONGS! They're cognates. You're her most trusted friend. That's all you are!

I sat down, burying my tears in my hands. Something suddenly clicked inside me. Trust...Could that be what I felt in all those supposed moments we had? 

I replayed the ride on Glitterbutt in my head. The day when Foster went to get her abilities fixed. I had always thought that that moment was proof that Foster liked me, even a little bit. But...I didn't have my enhanced abilities like now, so maybe...I brought the feeling I felt from Foster that day and it turned out...It was trust! And familiarity, and...Love. But it wasn't the romantic kind, it was the family kind. The kind a brother has towards his sister. The protective and trusting love. And somehow...it was also the kind of love I felt when Foster first enhanced me in Lumenaria. 

It was an eye opener. Now I could let go of her with all my heart and truly be her friend. I guess I was just like Dizznee in the end. I wanted Team Foster Keefe to soar so badly that I...didn't listen to my feelings deep deep down. And now that I have listened, I find that there was no spark between us either. The crush was always one sided. And even then, they weren't what I felt deep down. My enhanced abilities tell me that now. In the end, we were meant to be nothing but trusted best friends. 

As soon as I said that thought, my mind and heart cleared. I let go of Sophie. She was happy now, and maybe one day, I would be happy too. 

The Alicorn poop finally left my body and I stepped out of the shower. Only to be hit by a wave of sappy feelings. I took deep breaths, willing my mind to create a mental barrier and block the wave of emotions. Surprisingly, blocking emotions was similar to blocking unwanted thoughts for telepaths, I found out during the war with the Neverseen. 

Fuck...Looks like there have been a number of confessions during my shower time. I sighed, I'll need to get out of here before they corner me with sappy feelings. I reached toward my bag and pulled out my imparter that had a message from the COUNCIL?!

It read, 

Sir Keefe, 
We have given your suggestion much thought and would like you to meet us in Eternalia in 2 days. This meeting will be classified and therefore you cannot share this information with anyone. If you have concerns please reply back.

-The Councilors

Suggestion? What suggestion? The last time I talked to the council was when we exiled the Neverseen. My mind automatically replayed the 'conversation' of that day and I froze when I realized what this might be. I had said, 'Yeah so uh do we get promoted to the nobility or what?' and he had replied with, 'We will discuss it.'

I stopped myself before my mind raced too much and made no sense. OK calm down, you will meet with the Council in 2 days and find out what they want. Until then.....................I HAVE THE BEST EXCUSE TO GET OUT THIS SAPPY SLEEPOVER!!! 

I styled my hair and put on a jerkin and pants. Then headed downstairs, willing my mind to thicken the emotion barrier. I found my friends eating...while looking like happy couples on a quadruple date. I willed my stomach to postpone the vomiting until I got to Candleshade, that was the best place to puke, by far. 

"Uh guys, something came up and I have to leave," I said. They gave the look that said, 'you're Keefe, you're not usually busy.' So I added, "It's important, trust me, and you'll find out in 3 days what it was about." Then I waved bye, pulled out my home crystal, and leapt out of there before they had the chance to ask more questions.