Sophitz

They nodded and opened the compartments and unrolled them. Sophie read her scroll from bottom up, looking for the names of her friends. Dex was her #25, Keefe hadn’t registered so there was no way he would appear on her list. But she froze when she saw her number 1.

“Sophie?” Dex asked. “What’s wrong? You’re really pale.”

“And I’m getting major shocked vibes,” Keefe said. He was mainly there to get everyone’s reactions.

“I’ll be ok,” Sophie said, “Let me just…go to the bathroom.” She walked away.

“I’m checking on her,” Fitz said and walked in her direction. “Sophie? What’s wrong?”

Sophie faced her List before facing Fitz. Yep, the name was still there, she wasn’t misreading it. Sophie turned around to face Fitz and his amazingly beautiful teal eyes. She took a deep breath before she said, “It's that, Fitz, you are my number 1.” 

Sophie counted seconds, when she got to 3 Fitz breathed, “Wow. Not that I’m surprised.”

Sophie asked, “What about you? Who’s your number 1?”

“Well she’s a beautiful girl with blonde hair, brown eyes, and the most awesome powers. Oh and her name is Sophie Elizabeth Foster.”

“Really?”

“Come see for yourself,” Fitz said, unrolling the scroll in his hand. Sophie walked over to him and saw it right there. 
#1: Sophie Elizabeth Foster

Sophie unrolled her scroll and showed him her number one. 

#1: Fitzory Avery Vacker

Fitz smiled and asked, “So what now?” Their faces were so close that they could feel each other’s breath. 

They both leaned in and before their lips touched, Biana yelled from down the hall, “Fitz, Sophie, are you guys ok?”

They headed back to the living room to find Della standing with their friends. 

“Soo?” Della asked everyone, “Who are your number ones?”

Biana went first, “My number 1 is Tam!”

Then Dex said, “Marella is my number 1. What about you?” Dex faced Sophie and Fitz.

They stayed silent for a moment, telepathically deciding who to break the news. They decided.

They slipped their hands together and said, “We’re each other’s number ones!” 

“I’m so happy for all of you,” Della said, pulling all of them into a group hug. When they pulled back she asked Sophie and Fitz, “So when’s the wedding?”

“MOM!!” Fitz yelled, completely embarrassed, then calmed down to say, “We’re not dating yet.”

“Well you should, wouldn’t you like that?” Della asked mostly to Sophie.

“I definitely would,” Sophie mumbled.

Then let's go on a date tomorrow, Fitz transmitted.

Sophie’s face lit up and Keefe said, “Don’t think we don’t know about the little mind conversations you’re having.”

I’ll be waiting for you, Sophie transmitted looking at Fitz’s eyes.

“And now it's gone full Fitzphie mode,” Keefe said.

“I should probably go back to Havenfield and tell Grady and Edaline.” Sophie said, pulling out her home crystal. 

See you tomorrow, Fitz transmitted right before the light carried Sophie away.