CHAPTER - 6

Shimla palace was a huge fort with gardens covering all its four sides , made with sandstone which had detailed nakaashi over it . The palace was divided into different regions seperately for men and women each of which had different quarters for guests , occupants and the servants . Aadil noticed that the layout of the palace was quite different from the other palaces he had visited . There was something cosy about it even after being so grand and spacious . Aadil was impressed with the architectural beauty of the palace while sitting inside his chamber . Shamsher had personally escorted him to his chambers which indicated how important he was .

There was a knock on his door , A guard entered with a scroll in his hand . " Salaam huzoor , nawab sahab ne aapke liye ye paigaam bhijwaya hai . " Sikander nodded at the guard who quickly kept the letter at the small table in front of Aadil . " Huzoor , nawab sahab ka khyal tha ki sham ki dawat mein aap shamil , agar aap munasib samjhein to . " The guard quickly said in a monotonous tone while keeping his gaze at the carpeted floor .

" Nawab sahab ko kahien ki hum maafi chahte hain lekin hum aaj raat ki dawat mein shamil nhi ho payenge . Lekin humare wazir zaroor shamil honge " Aadil replied to the guard . As soon as the guard left aadil called one of his own guards and told him to inform their wazir to attend the welcome dinner and to also tell Yasir that he wants to meet him .

Aadil picked up the scroll and opened it , the letter consisted of an apology from the nawab as he couldn't personally welcome him due to some urgent matter at hand and also the invite to the welcome dinner . The nawab had also written about their meeting which was to be held tomorrow afternoon . As Aadil was reading the letter Yasir entered the room .

" Tumne mujhe bulaya ?" Yasir asked Aadil who was very much engrossed in the letter . " Aadil he again called out . "

" Hmm betho kuch baat karni hai , " he replied to Yasir . Yasir moved towards a two chairs placed at the side of the room and sat on one . Aadil too sat on the other chair with the letter still in his hand . " Yasir dawat ke baad hum sab se baat karna chahte hain , waqt aa gya hai ki hum jis maksad se yahan aaye hai usse anjaam dein " he said to Yasir after passing him a folder with a leather cover on it .

Yasir quickly opened it and started reading as soon as he opened it , Aadil noticed the change of expression on his face . He too had this reaction when one of his spies gave him this letter on the way to Shimla when the stopped to feed the horses . Aadil again turned his attention towards Yasir and waited for him to say something .

" To Khalil Ahmed ka imaan bhi bik hi gya aakhir" Yasir said in a cold sarcastic tone . This reaction managed to put a smirk on aadil's face as his one hand rubbed his bearded chin .

" Tumhe ye khabar kab mili aur kaise"Yasir asked him immediately , he knew Aadil from childhood and also knew that between the two of them Aadil was the cunning one .

" Jab hum Shimla pohonchnein wale the tab ye khabar mile " aadil gave an incomplete answer as he knew it would pull his friends strings .

" Janab ki shaan mein gustakhi na ho tu huzoor ye btana munasib samjhein gein ki ye kaise Mila aapko" Yasir asked him in an even more sarcastic tone .

Suddenly Aadil's playful mannerism changed into a serious one as he replied " ek shaatir hukmaraan ke aankhein aur kaan har jagah mojud rehni chahiye chahe wo uske dushman ke kareeb hi kyu na ho . "

Seeing this behaviour of Aadil , Yasir again got reminded that this was the man that rebuilt Sindh in seven years to what it is now . Clearing his throat he asked Aadil in a serious tone " to ab kya karna hai ? "

"Wahi jo hum yahan karne aayein hain , munasabat lekin ab halat kuch aur hain to mansoobe mein kuch tabdeeliyan to karni padengi" Aadil replied while standing up from the chair and walking towards the window on the other side of the room.