CHAPTER - 1

It was early in the morning , when the walls of begum mahal saw something strange . A petite figure wrapped in a makhmal shawl was seen leaving the palace , her honey eyes always moving back and forth to check the area . She moved from the courtyard in the back towards the stables .

" Allah ji bas ye aakhri dafa hai , abki baar fir nhi karungi bas aaj bacha lein " a girl who looked as if she has seen not more than 19 summers prayed in her heart .

Running towards the stable passing the gardens of begum mehal filled with flowers loved by each and every occupants , she entered the stable once again from the back gate to prevent herself from getting caught by the guards .

Entering the stable she ran towards her precious possession , her horse . " Chlo shiza aaj phir hum tumhe aj aabshar dikhatein hain " . The horse in return neighed in a slow manned as if replying her master . The girl tip toed with the horse silently till she reached the perimeter walls of the palace .

" To kya khyal hai aapka shiza , aap aabshar dekhna chahengi ? " . She asked the being only to get a loud neigh in return signalling her to move forward . " Lagta hai hamse zyada jldi aapko hai to chalein phir . "

Saying this the princess of the Shahs started ridding the horse in a speed . The girl was the youngest Princess of the Shahs Princess Noor Sikander Shah.

Shimla the capital of power in North east india was famous for few things , it's large deodar forests , it's peaceful landscapes and it's rulers the Shahs . Nawab Sikander Junaid Shah the leader ruled the region with an iron fist , holding together many communities and ensuring them peace and protection , it took him years and sacrifices to get him where he was today .

His children were the pieces of his heart while his wife mehtab was the light that lit his soul . His eldest son , named shamsher was his father's sword an excellent warrior and heir to the throne .

While his second son was tranquil like a lake Arham , he couldn't see anyone in pain , he was an excellent advisor and wanted to be his brothers shield . Lastly there was the answers of his prayers his daughter Noor . She was a mirror image of her mother their names representing the same .

Noor Sikander Shah was the light of her family , finally born to sikander shah who prayed for a daughter . The honey eyed girls ruled over her parents heart just as the did over her brother's . It was her charm that could melt even a heart made of iron , the venturous princess , was just like her name as light , both of which couldn't be captured and kept in one place .

*****
Here in the other side of begum mahal , there was a sudden panic among the kaneez .

"Fariah tumne Noor bibi ko dekha hai kya kahin ? " An anxious hania asked her . " Nahin to par wo itni subah Kahan ja skti hai apne hujre mein hi hongi " fariah still under the effect of her sleep replied .

Hania who was getting scared with passing time got angry and started shaking hania " fariah mazak ka waqt nhi hai uth jao , main pura begum mahal dekh chuki hoon , Noor bibi kahin nhi hain , agar mehtab begum ko pta chala to tum aur hum dono he is begum mahal ke bahar paaye jayenge. "

This frightened fariah who suddenly woke up in a jit . "Kya kehti ho baji , Noor bibi ne to kaha tha kisi ke uthne se bhi pehle wapas mudh aayengi" the truth slipped from her mouth .

This revealing shocked hania who now threw an accusing glare at hania signalling her to spill out the truth. " Wo jab hum ka Noor bibi ko kawa dene gye the tab unhone hume kaha tha ki wo subah , shiza ke sath paas wale aabshar tak jayengi aur jldi hi aa jayeingi "fariah meekly replied .

This angered hania even more " tumhe khabar nhi hai ki Noor bibi ek baar shiza ke sath hon to unhe waqt ki fiqr nhi rehti , agar wo waqt par nhi pohnchi to" , before fariah could reply another mulazman called them asking them to come as they were called by mehtab begum .