CHAPTER - 3

I would like to dedicate this to romestories

It was a gloomy morning for all the occupants of the begum mahal , there was a sudden unwelcomed anxiety existing in the air . There was growing tension among the men and everyone was aware of it . Mehtab begum was in the nawab's study with Nawab Sikander , while others were ordered to be present there . Shamsher on the other hand was holding a meeting with all the the informers and spies of the kingdom .

" Sikander , aapn jaante hain hum kitne khauff mein hain , humne Noor ko to sabr rakhne ko keh diya hai par ab humse sabr nhi ho raha , Arham ko kal fajar tak aa jana chahiye tha par woh ab tak nhi ayein hain "Mehtab said with pain laced in her tone.

" Hum jaante hain Mehtab , par shamsher pata lagwa rahein hain . Aap janti hain Arham wahan samjhote ka paigam lekar gaye hain aur unke sath fauj ki ek badi tukdi bhi hai . Aap fiqr na karien . Hum bhi unke baba hai par aap ye nhi bhulein ki saltanat ke taraf bhi hamari kuch zimmedariya hain jo hum sab chah ke bhi nhi bhool sakte " sikander again reminder her of the bitter reality while consoling her .

Many people think that royals have an easy life but with the luxury comes the weight of responsibility . Sacrificing your happiness just because it doesn't benefits the kingdom , so many relationships are broken under the political pressure couples live like a strangers , women have to share their husbands just for more political power . You feel lonely even when you're among people and these beautiful walls of the palace seem like a cage to you . Mehtab was lucky that she had a husband who truly loved her . She couldn't save her son's from this politics but she will surely save her daughter.

" Main jaanti hu sikander par aap ye bhi to sochein na abhi tak Arham ki koi khabar aayi hai na hi fauj se kisi ki . Aap kuch to karien sikander hume darr lag rha hai"Mehtab said feeling scared .

"Begum hum fauj ke ek aur tukdi ko unhe khojne bheja hai aur shamsher bhi isi baare mein jasoson se mil rhe hain aap sabr rakhein . Arham fooran hi aapke pass hongein . " Sikander calmly explained this to her .

" Lekin - " Begum aap tasalli karein Arham ko kuch nhi hoga hum aapse wada kartein hain , hum abhi shamsher ko Arham ki khoj mein bhejte hain . Ab to aap fikr na Karien . " sikander again consoled her .

"Ji behtar "mehtab replied monotonously leaving sikander looking at her with tensed eyes .

Here on the other side on the palace , Noor was busy with the paperwork related to the palace staff while giving orders to the staff to take proper care of the guests . "Firdaus bi ye Gul nhi dikh rhi maine kal usse bagh se mogre laa ki naumat bibi ke hujre mein rakhne ko kaha tha usne wo kiya nhi . Wo thik to hai ?" Noor asked the headservant of the begum mahal . Noor gave special attention to know the likes and dislikes of the guests .

It was the tarbiyat of Mehta begum which made her such a great host . Noor while being playful in nature was strict with the staff due to the responsibilities given to her but she was never disrespectful . It was taught to her by her mother from an early age that they all were creation of Allah and were equally special her being the daughter of the king didn't make her any better of a human . She can be a good human only by her actions.

" Ji Noor bibi , uski tabiyat kuch nasaaz hai . Usse bhukhar hai thoda par wo kal tak durust hojayegi " Firdaus bi replied .

" Ji aap usse kahein ki wo aaram kare aur Hakim sahab se us ke liye dawa le lein , aur haan aap kisi se keh kar naumat bibi ki khidmat mein kisi aur ko laga dein "

"Ji bibi" Firdaus bi obediently replied.

"Ab aap jaa sakti hain , aur haan firdaus bi humne kuch garam libaas mangwaien hain , sardi kaafi ho gyi hai sab ke kaam ayenge aap sab ko unke hisse se de dein." Noor instructed her while moving to her chamber while holding her paper work .