[ANGST] C!Karlnapity - Fighting, Once Again

Plot: The three once lovers meet on the border of the now failed Las Nevadas, where Karl hopes to get the two other men together again. But, unfortunately, things don't exactly go as planned.

~

Sitting on his knees, Quackity gazed out into the land that was once his. What used to be a place of business, casinos, and hangovers, was now a place of ruin. Of chaos. Of betrayal.

Everyone he could ever trust was either gone or dead. He had nobody. Nobody to hold or comfort him. Nobody to tell him he did his best.

Nobody. Nobody at all.

That was, until he heard faint footsteps approaching from behind him. He just stayed still, not even bothering to look in the direction of the steps. "If you're here to kill me, just get it over with." He muttered softly hearing the footsteps come to a halt.

"Kill you? Why would we kill you?" A familiar voice asked, which caused Quackity to sit up, his eyes widening slightly. He turned his to to see- honestly, the last people he expected to see.

Both of his ex-lovers, Sapnap and Karl.

Tears welded in Quackity's eyes as he sat there, frozen. He couldn't believe it. He hadn't seen the two of them in- what, months? Out of all people, why the hell were they there?

Not even bothering to ask questions, he stood up and rushed over, hugging tightly onto Karl, allowing a few tears to escape him. He sniffled lightly, before pulling away from Karl, looking at Sapnap for a hug.

Unlike Karl, though, Sapnap didn't look too pleased to see him. Instead of accepted the hug, he stood there with his arms crossed. Quackity lowered his arms slightly, already having the feeling that he knew where this was going.

"What did we tell you, huh?" Sapnap said with a small huff, his arms remaining crossed. "We warned you that something like this could happen. Yet you insisted on going on your own."

Karl's smiled died down slightly as he listened to his boyfriends words. "Sapnap, don't-"

Holding his hand up, Sapnap let out a small huff. "Karl, both of us knew this would happen. All of us have seen what happens to new countries here. Either the leader goes batshit crazy, or someone destroys it. And, well, that looks like the case here."

Quackity felt his hands ball into fists as he took a deep breath. "I wanted to try something new. I wanted to he happy." He scoffed slightly. "Unlike when I was stuck with you all of the time."

"You know damn well you were happier with us and not this place." Sapnap snapped at him. "Don't like so we think you were actually successful. We all know you weren't."

Shoving Sapnap with his hands slightly, Quackity could feel himself begin to bubble with rage. "You and Karl seem to have been doing well! Why does it matter what I've been doing, huh?! It's obvious neither of you needed me anyway!"

Karl's eyes grew glossy as he tried to distract the two from their argument. "Guys, please! All that matters is that you're alive and okay, Quackity! Who cares what happened, you're here!"

"Who cares?!" Quackity shouted at him slightly. "Are you fucking kidding me, Karl?! People died because of me! I've lost everything! Everyone! And you both come here to bitch at me about it!"

Sapnap grew angrier now, quickly stepping in front of Karl as if to shield him. "Don't talk to him like that!"

Scowling slightly, Quackity huffed. "Well, you sure have no problem talking to me like that!"

"Because you're the dumbass in this situation!" Sapnap snapped back at him.

A few tears dripped from Quackity's eyes as he took another step forward, feeling his heart begin to race. "Well, maybe if you weren't so obsessed with someone like him, maybe I wouldn't be! You always gave him more of the love and attention, yet I got jackshit, Sapnap! You act like you were a Saint towards me, when really you were nothing but a no good, rotten son of a-!'

Before he could even finish, Sapnap's hand quickly slapped across his cheek, causing him to stumble backwards for a moment. All three men stood there in silence, even Sapnap shocked at what he had just done.

As Quackity held his hand over his cheek, stunned by the stinging pain that coursed through his cheek, Sapnap attempted to take a step towards him, holding his hand out. "Quackity, I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to-" He began, only to trail off as his once lover snapped at him.

"This." Quackity said boldly, wiping a few tears from his eyes. "This is exactly why I left." He muttered almost emotionlessly, before turning his back on the two, beginning to walk away.

Of course, he had no idea where he was going, but he just walked. He walked like there was no tomorrow, and he'd stop when he found somewhat of an escape.

Both Karl and Sapnap stood there in silence, watching as he walked away. Neither of them attempted to stop him, they knew there would be no point.

Suddenly Karl turned the other direction and began to walk as well, causing Sapnap to turn with him. "Hey- where are you going?" He asked, for once his voice going soft.

Turning to look at him, Karl had tears forming in his eyes. "For once I wanted things to go right, Sap- I wanted you two to talk, to get along." He sniffled softly. "Yet you focus on the bad things. You point out his failures and rub in that he was in the wrong."

"Babe-" Sapnap began, feeling himself hesitate. "I just- I was so mad at him-"

Shaking his head, Karl turned once again, rubbing his eyes. "That's the thing. You're always mad." He said sadly, before continuing to walk again. "I need some time to think. I'll see you at home later." He muttered.

And just like that, he was off. No 'goodbye's', no 'I love you's', just a simple hint of when they'd see each other again.

It absolutely crushed Sapnap.

As both of his lovers walked in opposite directions of him, all he could do was stand there, reflecting on his actions. He sat on the ground and stared at the once running Las Nevadas, rubbing his eyes slowly.

He had fucked up big time. He knew it now. His anger- all of the rage he kept building up inside, was too much.

And he feared this wouldn't be the last time he'd harm someone he loved.

~

(Requested by Xirandomfandoms! I hope you enjoyed! :D)