When We Were Younger

In no particular order, a series of short oneshots of the Octonauts as children.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small green rabbit bounded through the swamp, her boots squelching in the mud. She giggled as her short hair flew around her face.

"Come on Tweak!" A taller rabbit, - her father - called from in front. He turned around to see his daughter twirling through the trees, singing happily to herself.

"Coming!" She ran up to her dad and held his paw, skipping along to his strides. They looked around for any creature who needed help, waving to many along the way.

Tweak had made friends with lots of the creatures she and her dad helped. Lucy the alligator, who kept losing her babies, Phil the flamingo, who always ran away from his creche, a crazy amount of tree fogs and snails... even a few of the other kids in the little village not too far away.

The two got back to their little hut, and Tweak immediately got out her half taken-apart, handmade remote control car. She spread out her materials; a few pieces of stray plastic she had found lying around in the village, (which had made her very mad), her hairbrush-screwdriver, a flashlight with a straightened-out paper clip on the end, and a few of the wires she had stolen from her dad's alarm clock.

She got to work, taking apart the remains of the car. Tweak liked to take apart things she had already built, to see how she made something work, so she could try it again on something else.

Tweak was at her happiest when she was building things. She had made and fixed so many random objects. She even tried to fix her dad's phone when he dropped it and it cracked. It didn't work, but she tried until her dad told her it was no use.

Tweak's ears twitched, and she perked up, listening to the sound of footsteps and happy shrieks of the kids from the village.

"Can I go play with them, Pa?" She asked, tugging on his arm. "Of course sweetheart." He watched as Tweak ran out to play with her friends.

"Hi Tweak!" A chorus of greetings from her friends floated towards her, as she ran up to join them. "Hi," She replied, panting. "What are we doing?" Tweak looked around and saw a group of kids playing tag. "You're it!" She poked a beagle's shoulder and ran off.

"Hey!" The beagle - Bella - chased after her, before realising that wasn't the game, and turned to chase Olivia, a cow with floppy black and white ears. Bella pounced on Olivia, and they both shrieked as Olivia tried to tag Bella back, but fell over as she ran away. Instead she tagged Girl Noa, who tagged Boy Noah, who tagged Ashley, who was no where near Tweak, but went to tag her anyway.

Ashley hated Tweak for no reason whatsoever. Tweak had never done anything to her, but Ashley seemed determined to bully Tweak.

But Tweak didn't care.

In Tweak's eyes, Ashley could hate her all she wanted. She could call her names, and gossip about her. And Tweak didn't mind one bit. Her mum had always said that bullies were just jealous, and Tweak remembered that.

Ashley caught up with Tweak, and tagged her. "Shouldn't you be doing something other than being here?" Ashley's group of minions snickered. But Tweak didn't even flinch. "Shouldn't you be doing something other than being a butthead?" Ashley scowled at Tweak and then gestured for her minions to follow her.

Once they had gotten bored of tag, they went to play in the village playground. Tweak was swinging on the monkey bars, hanging upside down from her knees. "Hey Tweak," Ashley called. Tweak lifted herself up to be sitting on the top of the bars, and looked expectantly at Ashley, who was at the top of the climbing frame.