«chapter thirty-one: game night»

Start from the beginning

I close my eyes; I was his partner. I feel sick.

Wally sighs, "Well, let's just hope Cat hasn't left completely. For both of our sakes; Artemis would kill me if she thought we ran her best friend off."

Dick actually chuckles a little at this, "I don't doubt it."

I hear their foot steps leave, and it's only then that I have enough sense to look around at the room I am in; this is definitely not Artemis' and Wally's room. And I have been to Lian's. This is Will's room.

Well, hopefully he won't mind.

I shake my head, tears stinging my eyes as I soak in all of the new information I found out. I don't realize exactly how long I am missing until the door opens, and a red head looks down at me, frowning.

"You know, this is the last place I thought you would have run to, but I figured you were in a panic, so lucky me this was my first try," Will says, closing the door gently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's okay," He smiles sadly, "I saw your face when you saw them together. You didn't know?"

I shake my head, "Apparently Wally didn't know either. They are 'new'." I close my arms over my chest, hugging myself for more comfort as I look away from his gaze. "This was stupid. I'm sorry, I should just go home."I move to walk to the door, but he doesn't move. "Umm-"

"You aren't really going to run and hide, are you?" He asks, a small smile tugging on his lips, "I don't really remember that being your style."

"Depends on who you ask," I mutter, shrugging. I am sure Dick would say something snarky about me running away and leaving.

"I am pretty sure anyone would agree. You did tell off Vandal Savage last year according to Artemis. And Ra's al Ghul very recently." He points out, causing my eyes to widen.

"You can't-"

"Tell Dick?" He asks, a teasing smile on his lips, "Of course not. Wouldn't want the guy that pretends to not be in love with you to know that, because we all know it would send him on a rampage." He cocks his head to the side, "And one that you only seem to be able to cause him to do."

"It's my special talent," I say dryly. "Listen, I appreciate your concern, but I am fine, but I don't want to torture myself while watching them be happy together."

"Then torture him instead." He says, causing my eyebrows to draw together.

"What?"

"You don't want to be jealous," He clarifies, "So make him the jealous one."

"And how do you think I should do that? Because he seems to think Alex and I are dating and I am convinced that not only will Dick physically fight Alex the next time he sees him, but Wally too," I half-joke. But knowing Wally and how much he dislikes the guy, I definitely would not put it past him.

Will gives me a smirk, a devious smirk, before gesturing between the two of us, "He wouldn't hit an old friend."

My eyebrows shoot up this time, "Us? And what do you plan to do?"

"A little flirting," He shrugs, "Just something to get him to realize he is being ridiculous and needs to wake up. Just some harmless flirting," He says with a smile before adding, "Well, harmless to anyone else besides him; he definitely won't be happy with me, but I think he will get over it in the long run."

I shake my head, "Do you think he would even buy it?"

That smirk is back as he says, "I think so. After all, we both seem to have the same type."