18

Indie and Sawyer get back and when Indie sees what was on the TV, she runs upstairs immediately.

"Artemis Leia Crane-Mistry." She says as she bursts through the door and hugs me.

We sit there for a while, in each other's arms and Sawyer comes upstairs and hands something to me.

It's a framed picture of Indie and I when we first met at that stupid twin convention but we met each other and that's what matters the most.

We lay down together again and by the time we've stopped speaking, it's time to sleep again.

She goes back to my room and I can hear her go to sleep. She was always such an easy sleeper, it was when she was the most peaceful.

I look at Rio as he peacefully rests and I lay down.

"Why do you look so peaceful resting." I ask him as I prod him in the shoulder.

"Why did I look so peaceful resting." He says as he gets up and rubs his eyes. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Just go back to sleep, sorry for disturbing you." I go to turn around but he stops me.

"Do you need help?" When he says that I pull a face and try to stifle my laugh but fail as a muffled laugh exits my mouth. "Not like that!"

I stop laughing as I think about the terms and conditions in his marriage to me and also how he didn't come to pick me up. He was drinking when he came back, was he flirting with other girls?

I know I shouldn't be jealous but I never had a meaningful connection with anyone romantically and he was the closest thing I had to one and we had stacks of issues which really showed how starved I was of a relationship.

He was the only person I had ever been with.

"Are you okay?" He asks me and I don't respond.

I don't want to talk to him anymore. I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

I get up, grab my phone and keys and then go downstairs and put on my puffer jacket and slip on vans.

I leave the house and walk along the pavement and go to the park where I jumped in. Where I tried to kill myself.

I go to the bench where my mothers name is engraved but I see a new one next to it.

"Keeley Vandermire. 10 years old. If you're feeling alone, ask for help." 10 years old. She was 10 years old and she took her own life.

I sit on the bench and stare out onto the lake.

I feel someone sit next to me and I see Apollo.

"You alright?" I ask.

He nods but he's putting on a brave face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, again.

"It's... dad... your dad... my dad? It doesn't matter. He's been asking about you from prison. Asking me to make you learn a lesson." He says and I nod.

"I learnt my lesson a long time ago Apollo. I was never welcome and I know it. You don't have to worry about it. If you want to hurt me or Rylan, do it." I turn around to where Rylan is, trying to hide.

"What do you mean do it?" Rylan says. "We're not here to hurt you, I know hiding from you makes it seem otherwise though." He sits down in between Apollo and I.

"I'm sorry, Artemis." Apollo says.

"As am I. You were the greatest sister and I never ever appreciated you for that. You looked after us when it should've been mom and dad." Rylan says.

"I was the worst twin ever, I should've been there for you but I wasn't and I can't ever forgive myself for that. I made you miserable through my actions even though I knew they hurt you. I hope you forgive me one day." Apollo says.

"I'll think about it, for both of you." I get up and walk away but I hear a loud bang and suddenly I'm on the floor and I'm in pain.

I feel the blood soaking through my clothes as Rylan and Apollo run up to me and try to stop the wound. Through my eyes, which are starting to shut I see them collapse to the ground too.

"Apollo, Rylan. I forgive you." I say and then hold my hand weakly.

"Missy, Missy. Wake up, please? Stay awake. Please." Rio picks me up and holds as he tries to stop the blood.

I look up at him and smile a little and kiss him on the cheek.

He lets out a little gasp.

"I saw that you didn't send any money while I was gone. I appreciate that ever so much." I say as I hug him and suddenly feel the world start to go black.