1

"Okay here's your ring." Rio tosses me it and I put it on.

It's a beautiful ring but I don't like it. It's not me.

"Anyways, I've got to go now. I'll see you whenever." I say and I wave to him and get my stuff and leave to see a girl entering.

One of his many flings I'm guessing.

I smile at her and she smiles back. She's sweet at least and I make my way to my room and get my stuff.

I sit on the armchair for a while before getting up. I had to do this and I agreed to this because I needed to continue studying.

It was the only thing I could do to make my parents happy even if they weren't here anymore.

I just wish I'd have chosen something easier for myself.

I started University when I was 11. It should've been illegal but no adult actually stood in my corner clearly. That's why life was already so difficult for me.

I already had a PHD in engineering and organic chemistry, which I gained while I was also studying for an undergraduate degree in biochemistry.

I had already done one year of medical school when my parents passed away and they had left me nothing.

I couldn't even gain custody of my siblings as I didn't have the finances required.

I thought that I would just have to work until Louana came to me and told me that she will pay for everything I could possibly need, as long as I stay married to her son for 10 years.

There would be no consquences if I couldn't, Rio was notoriously difficult to hold down, even when we were married and he still liked to have sex whenever he liked, not that I cared.

I put all my stuff in my car and drive back to campus, where I could finally escape Rio, even just for a bit.