14

I'm getting ready for the day.

Someone knocks on the door and it's the camera person, I let them in and show them my morning.

"So what do you first do when you wake up?" She asks and I show her.

I walk into the room.

"This is where I keep my clothes, I hate mixing my stuff with anyones so I keep my clothes here. It's kind of like my own personal space and I keep my stuff in here." I grab a workout outfit and then go to workout.

The camera person, Shelby, gets to have a nice coffee while I workout and we talk through my sets.

Once I'm done, she follows me upstairs to pick my outfit and I shower in Rio's en-suite and then come out fresh and ready.

"Could you show me some of the stuff you have in your area?" I nod and bring her in.

I show her my childhood tributes, my punching bag and other exercise equipment and my closet. It didn't have that much to show.

"I don't have much from my childhood so all my stuff can fit into a room like a lot smaller this with zero effort required. This is all I have." I leave the room and lock the door.

"Can you tell me about your childhood and perhaps how it was going into adulthood?" I pull a face but I say yes anyways.

"I didn't really have much of a childhood. My parents didn't like me all too much so I didn't really have those normal things that everyone else have. I sort of taught myself everything. When I was 11, they sent me to university because of my incredibly advanced level. I got a PHD in engineering and organic chemistry and I know that sounds like a lot but for me, it was honestly okay. Those took three years. I was also studying for an undergraduate degree in biochemistry at the time so when I turned 14 I did a four years in medical school and then did a four year residency and then a year fellowship so by the time i was 23, I had completed finished that part of my life." I haven't finished yet but it's a lot to explain.

"Interesting. You're about to turn 26, what have you been doing for the last two and a half years?" She asks but I don't want to share but I should.

"I was a designated marksman in the army. I was honourably discharged after 2 and a half years due to a mixture of reasons but yeah. It's not something I talk about much." I say and she nods.

"Were you honourably discharged?" She asks and I say yes. "So will you join again?"

I look at her and I think.

"I think I will. I love being a doctor but I prefer being in the army. Somehow, for me, being in the army is less pressure for me." She writes this down.

"Isn't there a risk that you could pass away a lot more easily? If you get what I mean." I don't mind her question.

"For most people, yes, but I've had threats on my life without being in the army so it really isn't that different." She writes that all down and stands up.

"That will be all. Thank you for your time and we'll message you if we need anything further but you guys have been great hosts." I send her off and go back upstairs and get ready for work and when I leave my room, Rio is says is standing right there.

"You think you will? You think you'll join back to the army?" He is... upset.

"What's the problem? I've always wanted to go back. I just had to take a break." I say and shrug my shoulders and am about to walk off but he pulls me back.

"What will that do my mother, to my father, my sister. What will that do to me." I think I'm hallucinating that last part because he said it so quietly but he did indeed say it.

"Sorry? I didn't know I meant that much to you because you've been so good at showing it. I know it'll effect your family but I love being in the military a lot more than being a doctor right now Rio. I hope you understand my feelings in all of of this." I go down the stairs when I get a call.

It's my old boss.

"Hello?" I say and I get the news, knowing that I'll be gone again.