Part 2, Zlatko

Two, long miserable weeks. Silence, or almost silence. North and I grew closer, I tried to make friends but as more androids showed up twice as many shut down.

Leah still sat in the same corner by the bonfire, our heels next to each other.

As more and more androids joined Jericho I had to find myself a silent place, just for me. Going to the corner I had somewhat claimed as my own I grabbed a zipped coat with a hood. Going to my usual spot I managed to climb my way from the waters of the entrance. Slinging myself to the top of the Freighter. I walked the plank swinging down the ladder leading to the top of the ground. Sliding to the bottom I walked to the usual spot, the snow freckling my hair and face, refusing to melt, due to my barely human skin. The snow littered the ground. I felt as though Detroit was deserted, and often felt this. A feeling of loneliness, not good, not bad. I felt pressure in my throat and a tightness in my hands. I felt this often when I wasn't with North. I think humans call it depression. I was only brought back to reality when a shoulder bumped mine harshly, causing me to fall to the ground. Looking up at the reason for my fall I was met with a blue eye and a green staring directly into mine. While falling I had apparently hit my nose on my arm and it was leaking thirium.

"Oh shit, please don't tell anyone about this-" I began rushing, begging.

Scrambling to my feet I grabbed his forearm.

"Please," I begged, blue still running from my nose. As I wiped it away quickly, it failed.

"Don't worry," the man smirked. Raising his arm showing the synthetic plastic underneath.

Putting my arms onto my head I breathed a sigh of relief.

The man had a brown hat, short hair and a hoodie.

"Are you- by chance headed to Jericho?" I smiled at him.

"In fact I am, you from there?" he tilted his head.

"Well no, I'm from the scrapyard actually-" I smiled.

"Oh-uhm well I'll be on my way, and uhm maybe see you at Jericho?" I waved goodbye.

Happy to have a new member, a new member that wasn't on the verge of death.

Dusting the snow from my hair, I decided to take another route to the apartments. Walking along the street I could feel the cold winter air nip at my equally cold, winterlike skin. Freckles covering my arms and back, imitating sunburnt freckles reflect the specks of dirt covering the ground, barely from the Michigan snow. As a trash truck pulls beside me, an android in a blinding green uniform steps out, next to me.

Quickly grabbing my arm he transfers memories, a building, a very tall black gothic almost, i see a man inside. Named Zlatko.

"Find Zlatko, he will help you get to freedom!." the android disappears as soon as it appears, along with his truck.

"Zlatko," I say back.

I appreciate their sentiment toward Jericho, but I couldn't stay there. I always have directions if I ever need to find my way back. Tapping where my led should be, I attempt to connect with North.

"North, North?" I blink, sending my message.

"Rue?" She responds back with a slight echo to her voice.

"I will not be returning for Jericho, not yet. I've found a new place to find myself." I apologize

"I will miss you, Rue, be careful." She responds as I shut off my messaging.

Catching the next bus I hope I'm making the right decision, finding Zlatko could mean finding a way across the border. The bus is full of humans and segregated androids at the back. I try not to stare but their uniform posture makes me upset. Why aren't they like me? Do they even want to be? Do they enjoy being servants? Something I will never know.