27: mystery pizza

Start from the beginning

So when she saw Mr. Medina talking to Rory, Cassie felt nervous. She liked Mr. Medina, as a teacher, absolutely, as her mother's boyfriend, she wasn't sure yet. Cassie hadn't spent any time with him outside of school, and Rory only had one awkward conversation with him. Neither of them knew him, at all.

"Hey, you okay?" Josh nudged Cassie's arm, forcing her to look away from her sister.

"Yeah, totally," Cassie nodded in a casual manner. "I just have to talk to Rory about something. I'll see you later," Cassie quickly excused herself before catching up with Rory. "Hey!"

"Hey?" Rory turned around with a confused expression on her face. "Shouldn't you be gossiping about Paris with them?"

"Already did that," Cassie waved her hand. "So what did Mr. Medina want?"

"He was checking in for the cookie count," Rory answered.

Cassie shook her head in confusion, wondering what that meant. "The cookie count?"

"For parent's day."

"Mr. Medina wanted to talk about the cookie count for parent's day?" Cassie questioned.

"Yeah, apparently he hasn't heard from Mom yet so he was just checking," Rory shrugged her shoulders innocently.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Nothing," Cassie put on a smile, knowing Rory needed to figure this one out on her own. "So Mom's for sure coming tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Rory answered with a smile on her face. "Why are you frowning?"

Cassie shook her head, "I'm fine."

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

There weren't many chores that got done in the Gilmore household. There were a few obvious tasks like changing the sheets or doing the laundry. However things like sweeping, rinsing, or cleaning out the fridge didn't happen often.

They were usually pushed off until the very last second when one of the Gilmore finally caved and one of them cleaned. On this night all of them caved, and the three of them were working to clean out the fridge. The smell of moldy food began to fill their kitchen and none of them could take it anymore.

"Pizza," Lorelai pulled one of the two pizza boxes out of the fridge, leaving it hovering over the trash bin.

"From?"

"Tuesday maybe," Cassie guessed as she looked at the box.

"Last Tuesday?" Rory asked, she was always the one to make them throw out old stuff. If she didn't, their fridge would be filled to the brim with old pizza and chinese food.

"Tuesday in the not too distant past."

"Toss it."

"So, you remember Paris Geller?" Rory asked as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"You're very best friend in the whole wide world?" Lorelai asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Her parents are getting a major divorce."

"Really?" Lorelai asked as she tossed yet another item into the trash bin.

"Yeah it's bad," Cassie nodded her head.

"Her dad's like this bigwig are a huge pharmaceutical company, and they're printing all the sordid details about it in the paper," Rory informed Lorelai.