Chap 36: Family Gathering & Cooperate

Start from the beginning

Kaito
[Yeah, that would helped]

XXXXX

A week later, Kaito prepared himself to meet his worst nightmare. Shizuku told him that they will have a family reunion at the restaurant her parents booked. Wearing a black shirt inside and blue suit with a dark blue necktie and touch a bit his hair with a gel, he and his mother were ready to go.

They took a taxi to the restaurant address. They walked inside when their arrive and the waiter show them where the table of the Kudou is.

Kaito saw that the Kudou's family already there, he saw Kudou Yusaku seating at the table, his wife on his left side while Shinichi on his right. Beside Yukiko is his girlfriend, Shizuku wearing a gorgeous blue night dress.

 Beside Yukiko is his girlfriend, Shizuku wearing a gorgeous blue night dress

(Shizuku dress)

He and his mother walked to them and greet the Kudos, his mother is happily greet her best friend while him trying to calm his nerve.

"Kaito-kun!" call someone and Kaito turn to the voice that calling him and realize that Yusaku is the one that calling him. Kaito smiled twitched nervously at him and then greet the older man. "Long time none see, Yusaku-jiisan! How are you?" asked him politely. Yusaku smile sincerely at the boy "I'm alright, Kaito-kun! You look nervous, Kaito-kun. Calm down, I won't eat you. How about we take a seat and have a nice meal? We can talk in the middle."

Kaito nodded nervously, Shinichi give him a smirk looking satisfies at the sight of him and snicker. Shizuku came to him, taking his left hand and squeeze in assurance. Kaito squeeze her hand back and look at her with faith smile on his face.

They took a seat between each other after the adult and Shinichi took their own seat.

The food came and they talked comfortably, Kaito was glad everything is work out. Shizuku parents were approve of their relationship, even thought he saw Yusaku-san smiled strained forcefully when their talk about his and Shizuku relationship, no doubt he wasn't pleased of him taking his only and sweet daughter from him. He already got a warning from the older man with the phase of, "Make her cry and die, okay?" said the older man with a sweet smile but the sound of his voice is like a threat.

Scared for his life, he was very quick to nod, and doing so several times.

After that, they comfortably ate their meal and have idly conversation with each other, having for so long to gather together and have a chat like this. Except. There was someone missing, someone that very important to him. Shaking his head slightly, trying to clear his depression thought.

He can felt Shizuku squeeze his hand in comfort, no doubt can see what he been thinking. He smiled softly at her and she smiled back gently. Then, the end of the day were ended with blessing for the both parents and said goodbye to each other.

XXXXX

A few days after the family gathering, Shizuku got the call from Mikoto (if you guys don't remember who is Mikoto. She is Akemi alias) that her sister ready to meet her. Shizuku thanks her and told her that she will come to visit on the weekend.