Ch 29 : Music Class

Start from the beginning

So they're looking down on Obelia.

The daughter of a very influential Duke of Arlanta is looking down on Obelia.

Hmph, that little girl is unaware of the weight of every word she said.

Though Athelinda wasn't going to complain about it immediately.

Although she gave the impression that Emperor Claude was also loving towards his daughter, that wasn't exactly the case.

Ever since the argument about the test, they only met a handful times and never really talked much.

Not to mention, the incident in the library. . . What if in the time she's here, Claude finds out she's not his daughter. And if she sends a letter of complaint to him, would he reply in favour or against?

If it's just about Athelinda, then she can deal with whatever crap Isabelle has to say. But Isabelle mentioned the Alger Obelia's and not just Athelinda, so Athelinda couldn't just forget what she said.

Athelinda's brain was fried from all the thinking.

"Don't worry, Isabelle is just a child. The Duke wouldn't make an Alger Obelia his enemy." Cabel spoke.

"But the Duke also wouldn't apologize." Philip added. "He would probably say she's just a learning child and the Alger Obelia's should forgive her."

"Then why not use the same tactics against them?" Gabe asked with a sly grin.

The group turned towards him and gave him a stare and then Athelinda.

"Let's just leave her be. If she annoys me anymore then . . ."

Rosalia grinned, " Sounds good!"

"Now, Class." Cabel reminded them all.

_____________

Music Class. An extra class which students have the option to choose or skip.

Athelinda was never one to skip it. She absolutely, absolutely, loved instruments.

Cabel too wanted to learn to play at least one instruments. In Arlanta's society, women were expected to know how to play at least one instrument. So Rosalia too was attending.

Jane was hesitant. Classical Music was an entertainment for a noble and for a commoner to participate. . .

"Just do it for the fun." Athelinda told her.

"But . . ."

"Its fine Jane."

"If you're worried about the fee, the Heinrich County can pay for you." Rosalia added.

"Huh, no I, wouldn't dare-"

"Really, the Heinrich County is super rich and Music class has the cheapest fee." Rosalia persuaded her.

Jane was still hesitant but they were already standing in the classroom and she could hear the different instruments being used, so she gave in.

As for the boys, Cabel was interested in the piano. Philip wasn't a music person and Gabe just wanted to try all instruments at least once.

The music class began and their instructors were a woman and a man.

The class was divided into two, on the basis of instruments.

Athelinda was learning the violin, Rosalia the piano, Jane was learning the flute, Cabel the piano, Gabe was also gonna start from the piano and try the others with time.

As for Philip, he just stood on the side as spectator.

The hall was quite big. Enough to individually play your instruments. According to their instructors, today was just an introductory day to the instruments and by the end of the day the students had to select just one instrument to play.

Then the classes of those instruments would be divided in a week, so that each instrument gets proper attention.

It wasn't a surprise that Piano Class was the most packed.

Piano has always been the center of musical entertainment for nobles. And although the violins come next, being one of the hardest instruments, loses its popularity among beginners.

And so the violin was the second last when it came to number of students participating.

Suprisingly the flute was more filled than the violin.

Oh well, Athelinda hoped Jane would make more friends with people of similar interests.

In today's music class, the students simply checked their instruments and selected one. And starting from the next day, a set class table would be followed, which would detail which instrument would be practiced which day. So not all the students had to come everyday and only a select few for their selected instruments on selected days.

Athelinda was excited for the next class. She wished Athanasia was here, they would've had so much fun. Athanasia once mentioned how much she liked Violins and Athelinda shared her love of the instrument as well.

Sadly in the violin class, none of her friends would be there. Of course they could come to spectate like Philip was doing. But enjoying and learning the same instrument would've been different.

Oh well, Athelinda was making a list in her head about all the things she had to tell Athanasia in the letter she would write to her later in the day.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Vote and Comment!