57) Sacrifices

🦋

Aadya was lost in her thoughts as she waited for Vikram in the car.

She was not feeling well after meeting Nitara. There was something which was bothering her.

She did not understand what exactly it was but her heart was not at peace. She has the feeling that something bad is coming.

Even the weather had suddenly turned dark as the black clouds clouded the sky. She was a girl who loves rain and every time waits for it but today it was making her restless.

She was playing with the chain on her neck and was pondering about the uneasiness she was feeling when someone knocked on the car's window.

She looked outside and found a boy standing there with a bunch of flowers in his hands. He must be not more than sixteen. Aadya smiled a little to him and raising her eyebrows she asked him what he wanted.

He gestured to her to pull down the glass window. Aadya thought about it a little. Her husbands are very protective of her.

They don't like her talking to unknown people but the boy was looking so innocent what damage could he cause, she thought to herself and pulling down the glass window she asked, "Yes?"

The boy did not say anything in response and taking out a single red rose from the bunch of flowers he forwarded it to her.

Aadya's brows furrowed at his gesture. Shaking her head she said,"I am sorry but I can't take it. I don't have money to pay you at the moment," she smiled, apologetically.

Shaking his head he again forwarded the rose to her,"Are you giving it to me for free? " she asked and he nodded.

She tried to deny him,"No I can not take it for free. Please wait for a minute. My husband must be coming. He will pay you," she said but as he heard the word husband from her mouth the expression on his face changed. Dropping the red rose on her lap he ran away from there.

"Hey wait," Aadya tried to stop him when she saw him running away like that but he was long gone.

Aadya shook her head at his behavior and picked the red rose from her lap. It was a beautiful rose, fresh, soft with the darkest shade of red.

She touched the light petals of the rose and remembered the day when Rudra had brought a bunch of pink flowers for her. She chuckled remembering how he was blushing while giving flowers to her.

Bringing the red rose closer to her nose she took a gentle sniff of its sweet fragrance.

She looked at the soft rose petals, counting them with her fingers when suddenly she noticed something unusual.

There was something written on the rose petals.

"You never fail to take my breath away,"it read.

Aadya did not like the words written on the rose petals. It was giving her a weird feeling. She twitched her lips at the red rose and was about to dump it out of the car when she saw Vikram coming out of the hospital.

She turned concerned when she noticed the grim look on his face. He was a mile away from her still she could feel his dark and dangerous aura.

She flinched when he slammed the car door harshly.

"Vikram.. " she whispered.

For the first time since the day she met him she was feeling scared of him. He was looking monstrous, like a murderer who was ready to kill.

"Wh-a-t ha-ppen-d..," she could not complete her sentence when he snapped his gaze to her.

His irises were completely black like a coal, the whiteness of his eyes had turned red showing the anger burning inside him. The veins of his neck and forehead were popping out as his nose flared in fury.His jaws were clenched shut as if it would break if he clenched them a little more harder.