Daryl comes to a stop next to me. We share an annoyed look before facing Richard. "Okay. This is a waste of time. Come on. Let's go." He grunts.

Richard shrugs, spreading his arms, "maybe you're right. The King is a busy man. And it's a dangerous world. We don't usually allow a pack of strangers to waltz through our door."

"We want to make the world less dangerous, and we are all here to show the King how serious we are about that." Michonne pleads.

Richard nods. "the car stays outside. You gotta hand over your guns."

"We only have two." Rick offers, handing his and Carl's over. I peer down at my knife, securely against my leg. I'm thankful I'm still able to keep it.

"Okay. Follow me." Richard gestures, walking ahead of us with Jesus at his side. I stay next to Daryl with Tori on the other side of me. We take up the rear. I chew on my lip, feeling anxious.

As per usual, I bring up the rear into what appears to be an auditorium

As per usual, I bring up the rear into what appears to be an auditorium. My eyes widen; I spot a darker male sitting in a makeshift throne with grey dreads that fall heavily passed his shoulder. He has two men at one side. One is bigger with darker hair, and one on the younger side with blonde hair. Both are dressed in the same makeshift armor we had encountered a while ago. On the other side of him, a tiger. It growls upon our entrance. Well, fuck. When you think you've seen it all, someone in the universe takes that up as a challenge.

"Jesus! It pleases me to see you, old friend." The King bellows, grinning upon our arrival.

"It pleases him, indeed!" The bigger man at his side smiles. I smirk, I kind of like him. He seems to be entertaining enough to invite over for dinner. By the end of the night, I'm betting our bellies would be hurting from the laughs he'd gift us.

"Jerry." He warns. Returning to us, "tell me, what news do you bring good King Ezekiel? Are these new allies you've brought me?"

We are still crowding at the door, unsure if we should enter. I have no issue with the big cat; as it appears, I'm the only one feeling that sentiment. Dangerous cats are gorgeous. I'm dying to try and pet her. Though, if that's how I die, I'll gladly accept it.

Jesus nods, "indeed, they are, Your Majesty. This is-" He turns, searching each of our faces. "Oh, right. I forgot to mention that-"

"Yeah, a tiger." Rick grumbles.

The tiger lets out a terrifying sound at the moment. I grin, "she's beautiful." Rick whirls around, eyes wide; shrugging under his stare, "what? I grew up on Steve Irwin. Remember? I'm in that age group. You know, crickey?"

Jesus shakes his head at me, blue eyes amused. He gives the king his attention, gesturing to us. "This is Rick Grimes, the leader of Alexandria, and these are some of his people."

We stalk through the threshold. I follow Daryl into sea of chairs, positioning myself a foot from him on one side and Rick on the other. I cross my arms, feeling the doubt fill my face. Tori steps behind us, lurking in the space between Daryl and I.