"Okay, seriously, what is wrong with that dude?" Carter spoke up as she turned around to open the door and give him an earful about the way he treated Bella like some dangerous disease.

"No, no, Cart don't." Bella whispered, grabbing her friends arm and stopping her.

Carter huffed loudly and turned back around, giving the old woman in front of them a small smile and handing her both her and Bella's slips.

She turned around as she heard the door open once more and saw her friend stalking out. She hurried after her quickly.

The two headed out into the parking lot just in time to see Edward disappear into his Volvo with his siblings.

"Jerk." She heard Bella mumble but paid no mind to it as they both made their way over towards Bella's truck.

She quickly buckled in and turned towards Bella, "hey," she started, "don't waste your over him." She told her, causing Bella to nod and start the car.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Soon enough, Bella had dropped her friend off at her house and Carter quickly thanked her as she unlocked the door with her keys and entered the quiet house.

Her dad was working a late shift today as Charlie wasn't gonna be at the station. Bella had told her about their plan to eat out at the diner today.

Carter sighed as she looked around the empty house. She had to busy herself with something, or else she'd become too lost in her thoughts again. And some things would break, again.

So she decided to make dinner for her dad.

She headed into her room, quickly changing into a cropped hoodie and trousers and tied her hair in a bun before heading back downstairs and opening the fridge to see what she could make.

She rolled her eyes at the almost empty fridge. She saw a half eaten apple rotting in there along with leftovers that sat in a takeaway container.

She groaned, she would have to go grocery shopping. Carter bit her lip, she didn't want to go alone so she quickly dialled a number she knew by heart.

She waited as two rings went off before she heard the familiar voice of her best friend, "Black residence," he spoke causing a grin to break out on Carter's face, "Jake!" She cheered causing the boy to chuckle at her.

"Cart!" He greeted back as Carter leaned on the wall next to the telephone.

"How would you feel about accompanying your totally awesome best friend on a shopping trip?" She asked, getting straight to the point as she once again read the note her father had left.

It said that he'll be home by 8 and it was currently 3:30. They had plenty of time to go into town and grab everything they needed along with a few things that carter needed for her room.

"Sure," Jake agreed immediately, "I'll be there in five."

"See you then!" Carter smiled as she hung up. She changed into her jeans, keeping the same hoodie on.

True to his word, Jake showed up in just five minutes. This was one of the things she liked about her house, they lived right at the edge of La Push. When her parents had gotten married, they had decided to move into Forks so that both of them were closer to their jobs. However, her father did not want to forget about his Quileute roots and so they decided to get a house right on the edge of the reservation.