Part 23 : The Anger

Start from the beginning

Bheem couldn't understand what was going on... But Hidimba explained him that when a demon gets the touch of their human father's blood, the demon grows to be a man quickly... By this way, Hidimba said, Bheem can leave and the kingdom will be guided by their son thereafter...

Bheem was happy with the arrangement but the thought of leaving his son and wife still pained him a lot...

As the child grew up, Hidimba ordered him to take blessings from his father, his uncles and his grandmother...

A

s soon as Hidimba ordered, the child followed her orders... The brothers were proud of him... Bheem took his son in his arms and proudly named him

GHATOTKACH

With this, Ghatotkach promised him that whenever his father will remember him and call him, he will immediately come to follow his orders....

Bheem was proud of his son... His son understood him... The child knew why his father was leaving him... But Bheem had faith on hidimba... He knew she will provide him with all the good knowledges and make him a great person...

He reluctantly started leaving the place, the subjects and his family observing him with tears in their eyes... But after his 2 steps forward, he again ran back to his family and hugged them tightly for the last time... Ghatotkach was sad... But was happy too... He knew that it took lots of hard work for Bheem to leave them but still Bheem left them for his duties...

Karna got the message of the Pandavas stating that they were leaving the place and will return back soon in his kingdom

Karna got the message of the Pandavas stating that they were leaving the place and will return back soon in his kingdom... There they will decide their next action...

Karna was happy about their arrival... He instructed the workers to decorate the palace... After few days, the Pandavas reached the kingdom of Panchal... After Arjun's encounter with Drupad and Drupad's capture, the kingdom got divided into two parts... Dakshin Panchal and Kampilya... Dakshin Panchal was maintained and ruled by Ashwatthama, the son of Guru Drona while Kampilya was ruled by Drupad...

Roaming here and there, they reached Kampilya... At that time, Drupad had organised a contest to choose a perfect suitor for his daughter - Draupadi...

The contest was for Archers... Drupad had one thing in mind... He wanted Arjun to be the husband of Draupadi... From the time Arjun had defeated him in war, Drupad had started liking him though he had to face humiliation for him...

Drupad knew that only Arjun had that power in him to conquer the competition... He knew many more Archers but he wanted Arjun to be the one for his daughter...

And that was the reason he had kept a difficult competition for the suitors... He knew that only Arjun had the ability to pass through the difficulties...

When the Pandavas heard about the competition, they thought of attending it for enjoyment...

At the day of the competition, Pandavas saw Krishna, Balaram and Subhadra present in the special seats made for chief guests over the stage beside the royal seat for the king himself...

As the competition began, the princes started coming to try on their luck but everything was in vain... None could pass the exam... Finally, it was the time for Karna to try...

As he proceeded towards the stage and took over the bow and tied the bow string, princess Draupadi rejected him stating him to be of lower caste...

Draupadi : Stop there Suta putra... You have no right to participate in this competition... This competition is meant for princes of royal origin... But you... How can you think of marrying me? Have you forgot about you lineage and its limits?

As soon as the words left Draupadi's mouth, Arjun from the seats of the Rishis stood up... He came towards the stage and took away his disguise... And there came Prince Arjun... Draupadi was seeing Arjun with love and affection in her eyes... The sight of Arjun itself took away her heart... But Arjun... He was fuming in anger...

Arjun : How dare you Princess... How dare you to say that?

Do you even know who is he? And what is his origin?

He's my eldest brother... The eldest son of Pandu and the rightful heir of the throne of Hastinapur... During our childhood, some incidents happened for which we lost him (That's the explanation that Pandu and Kunti had given the brothers when they were asked about their eldest brother's story) and now... After 15 yrs of separation, we had found him...

Who had given you the permission to talk about his lineage? He's a prince and is very much capable of winning this competition... But do you know why he just kept them away? Just because he has got the love of his life... Otherwise, you don't even know what would have happened... And you were talking about his limits? You should know your limits princess... Your father has arranged this competition for suitors and invitation was sent to Anga as well... That meant he was eligible for participation... When you don't know anything you should learn to stay quiet... Maharaj Drupad, we're sorry for this entertainment here...

Jyesth... We should leave now...

With this Arjun held Karna's hand and started leaving the platform...

Now what will happen? Arjun is very angry with Draupadi for insulting his brother... The other Pandavas are fuming with anger too... Will Drupad be able to convince Arjun to marry Draupadi or their marriage won't happen? Stay tuned to know more...