Chapter 2

The sun has already set, and the temperature has dropped drastically, hence engendering rising coldness in the air. The Young Warlock went looking, throughout the Darkling Woods, if need be, the kindling to light a fire before their bodies started to shiver.

While he searched, Morgause sent her Blood Guards back to the cave that she currently occupied, to guard it and await furtherinstructions there. And in addition, she brought her horse closer and tied himto a tree, while waiting for Merlin to return.

Before the Great Dragon lay down on the groundnear them, the High Priestess asked him to reveal his name to her because she thought it would be a bit silly to constantly refer to him as 'the Great Dragon'.

Obligingly, he revealed his name as Kilgharrah, to which she reacted by a simple gesture of nodding in appreciation, content to now be in possession of that information.

About half an hour later they were sitting around a campfire.

They were silent for a few minutes, staring at the flames or covertly glancing at each other.

Finally, Merlin broke the silence "I have to admit, part of me was really frightened that you wouldn't take this admission of us being related well."

The Blonde Witch was faintly startled at his words but in agreement. She had been familiar with being closed off to people and seldomly trusted anyone, so she would be a liar if she didn't admit that a small part of her was also surprised by how smoothly this all went.

Naturally, she had her doubts at the beginning and was on the lookout for any trace, no matter how small, of lies that might come out of Merlin's mouth. And yet the evidence her little brother provided was so strong and conclusive that fighting it would've been a waste of precious time.

Plus, the dragons are ancient and sagacious creatures whose words hold great weight and to simply brush them away, without musing on them, would be foolish and unwise.

"You gave me every reason to trust you," she admitted with a beaming smile gracing her visage, logic destroying any remnants of doubt about what transpired in front of herself just a few hours ago.

I just never thought I'd ever see you... by all accounts I believed you were dead." The High Priestess avowed, inwardly feeling grateful that wasn't the truth.

"You knew you had a brother?" the Young Warlock inquired, curiosity drenching his tone.

"I did," she responded with an affirmative nod, "But I was led to believe you had been executed, like many other magic users,under the tyrannical hand of Uther Pendragon. I lost all hope of finding you. " The statement leaked out of her mouth followed by a facial gesture of combined sadness and guilt for not doing a better job of verifying such an important fact in her life.

"Who told you I was dead?" Her brother's brows furrowed as to why someone would say that to her without thoroughly making sure it was the truth, unless that person had a vested interest in keeping them apart.

"The High Priestesses under whose care and tutelage I grew up," Morgause answered, feeling strongly something was amiss, but deep down a small part of her desperately didn't want to acknowledge the truth that was now clear as day; they lied to her.

With an even bigger confusion in Merlin's eyes, he posed his next question, "But, why would those women, who took care of you in almost every way, tell you something that is clearly a lie?"

Their Winged Friend, who was listening to their conversation the whole time, resolved to take charge of this exchange and give the much-needed explanation that would definitely shine a light on this matter."The High Priestesses are Machiavellian and self-centered individuals, Morgause. It is plain they paid heed of your potential and your power when they took you under their wing. They then deceived you by spewing lies about how your brother is dead, killed by Uther or his knights. They understood such adivulgence would increase your hatred towards the King of Camelot and shape you to be their perfect weapon."