18 | Affection

Komaeda was ignoring everything Kamukura said, he wasn't listening to him at all, which made the other boy angry.

"Komaeda, please! I want to get to know you, okay? But I can't when you're so stubborn,"

Komaeda glared at him, not saying anything.

"You're... not acting like the man I fell in love with,"

"And you aren't either!" Komaeda said, tears in his eyes. "If you love me so much, don't be so cruel to me..."

Kamukura cupped his cheek. Komaeda gave him a confused look.

"I... I don't want to be cruel to you. I'm trying to help, I... I love you. I need you to try to compromise with me, or Hinata won't come back,"

"Wh-what..?"

"His mind needs to be at peace in order for me to go and him to come back,"

"Oh... I didn't know that..."

"That's okay. When I let you go, will you stay and try to listen now?"

Komaeda sighed and nodded. Finally, he was let go and sat up again.

"You don't want to scare Hinata when he wakes up, right?"

"No, why?"

"Then let's pretend this all didn't happen, okay? Once I go, we get back into the position you were in with him when I came here,"

"A-alright. Now... I still don't get what you mean when you say you love me,"

"I mean that I love you. You don't love me, I understand, but I still do,"

Komaeda gulped. "I feel... weird now. I can't believe it... you and Hinata-kun love me. That's... too much! I don't know how to deal with that! I've never been loved by that many people!"

'Two people... is not a lot,' Kamukura thought.

"It's pretty o-overwhelming, honestly," He nervously giggled. "M-my heart's beating fast... I've never had people who loved me, you know? I... I was so alone... my wh-whole life. I didn't have friends either. M-my parents died, my other relatives did too! I-I got kidnapped and no one who was still alive cared enough to pay the ransom! Wh-why am I telling you this? I-I haven't even told Hinata-kun,"

"It's because you're panicking,"

Komaeda trembled. "I-I am..? I didn't notice... haha..." He hugged himself again. "It's too much... too much! S-stop it!" His breathing got fast.

Kamukura rubbed his back. "Breathe slowly. In... and out. In... and out. In... and out,"

"Haah... thank y-you..." He sniffled, whiping his tears.

"I must go now, I can feel Hinata coming back,"

"Ah! Yeah!" They got back into the position from before. "Bye, Kamukura-kun!"

"Goodbye." He closed his eyes.

"Ngh... Komaeda..?"

"Hinata-kun, you're back!"

"Yeah... weird dream again..."

Komaeda pulled him into a hug. "I was so worried!"

"Sorry, babe..."

The pale boy tensed up a bit. Now that he'd talked about it with Kamukura, he really noticed how overwhelming affection was for him. He didn't know how to deal with it.

"What's wrong?" Hinata kissed his cheek.

"I, uhm, I'm nervous..."

"Why?"

"I just... you know... I've never been loved before. My parents are gone and there wasn't really anyone else..."

"Your parents-"

"They're dead. I don't wanna talk about it,"

"Okay,"

"A-and, well, now you love me and... and it's too much! It's so overwhelming!" He looked at Hinata. "It's not like I dislike it, I just... have trouble getting used to it,"

Hinata smiled. "That's alright. Let's try getting you used to it, okay?"

"How?"

"Let me just... you know, kiss you and compliment you and stuff and you tell me when it starts making you nervous,"

"O-okay..."

Hinata cupped his cheeks and kissed him. "You're so pretty,"

Komaeda gulped. He really wasn't used to this.

Hinata kissed his cheek. "I love you,"

The pale boy hid his face in his hands. "E-enough!"

Hinata stared at him. "But... I say that all the time?"

Komaeda slowly showed his face again. "I know and I like it, but... uh... it still makes me feel all weird..."

"O-okay. Then, how do we get you used to it? Should I just keep going, or?"

"I don't know... no one's ever listened to me like this before... Every singe thing you do makes me feel loved and... and I'm scared... Everyone I've ever loved died... I don't want you to die..."

"I don't entirely get what you're saying, but... I won't die," Hinata promised.

Komaeda took a deep breath. "You don't know that... you didn't see the stuff I did... sorry, I'm ranting,"

Hinata kissed his forehead. Komaeda shut his eyes tightly. "Do it again, okay? I-I won't back down this time! Keep doing that stuff!"

The brunette agreed and kept kissing him. He kissed his cheeks, lips, forehead, hands. He kept whispering compliments into his ears. Komaeda's cheeks were bright pink and he refused to open his eyes. So far, he was doing pretty well and Hinata was proud of him. He gave him a few pats on the head and kissed his cheek again. It was kind of embarrassing for Hinata as well, but Komaeda seemed to be affected much more.

"I'm proud of you, Nagito,"

His eyes immediately opened. "Nagito?!" He yelped. "Y-you used my first name!"

"You can use mine too,"

Komaeda shook his head. "Give me some time!" He grumbled. "Unlike you, I've never been in a relationship,"