10 | Date

Inside the diner, the lights were dimmed and candles were lit.

"Hanamura-kun?" Komaeda called out. Suddenly, the lights turned bright again and Hanamura stood in front of him, wearing a suit.

"This way, my dear." He gently grabbed Komaeda's hand and lead him towards a table. "Sit down, mon cherie,"

Komaeda sat down, slightly nervous. In front of him on the table, there was a plate which was covered by a silver bowl-shaped cover. He curiously tried to lift it, but Hanamura stopped him.

"Ah ah! Not yet,"

"I don't exaclty-" Hanamura put his finger on Komaeda's lips.

"Shh, not yet. We have enough time to talk later. For now, just relax,"

That was pretty hard considering how strange Hanamura was acting.

"I cooked everything we're going to eat all by myself. I hope you enjoy it, my darling,"

All those petnames were making Komaeda embarrassed. He was sure he must have been bright red.

Hanamura finally lifted up the cover, revealing two bowls of soup. They smelled extremely good.

"Feel free to begin eating," Hanamura told him.

Komaeda grabbed the spoon and tasted the food. When he did so, his eyes had stars in them.

"This tastes amazing! It's the best food I've ever had!"

"And it's only the beginning," Hanamura had sat down and began eating too now.

They continued eating. Komaeda was amazed by the other boy's skills.

"You look beautiful, amor,"

Komaeda's face got warm. Hanamura sure liked charming him.

"Thank-"

"No need. I am merely telling the truth. Is this your first date, mon chou?"

Komaeda nodded. "Ah, yes. I'm honestly... pretty nervous,"

"Fürchte dich nicht, meine Liebe, as the German would say," Hanamura smirked.

"You know German?"

"I would learn any language to express my love for someone,"

Komaeda gulped. He was super flustered. Hanamura noticed this and decided to calm down a bit with the compliments.

"Would you like the next meal?"

"Ah, uh, yes, please,"

Hanamura got up and switched the plates. "My mother taught me how to prepare this meal. It means a lot to me,"

"That's so sweet," Komaeda said, smiling.

Hanamura uncovered the plate and they began eating. Komaeda was still nervous.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself," Hanamura said.

"Hm... I'm fifteen years old. I like books, dogs, plushies, nature and cherries,"

"Cherries? You seem more like the strawberry type,"

Komaeda giggled.

"What do you do in your freetime?" Hanamura said.

"Well, I like to read and go on walks. I have a pretty big garden and like to take care of the flowers there," He explained with a gentle smile on his face. "What about you?"

"I enjoy cooking, obviously. I'm fifteen as well and live with my mother. We both work at our own diner. I like romance as you can see,"

"So do I!" He grinned brightly. "I-I'm just not as confident about it as you are,"

They talked for hours and eventually decided to leave the diner. Komaeda wasn't in love with Hanamura or anything, but it was still nice.

The next morning, Komaeda sat next to Hinata during breakfast and told him all about it. The other boy had his head in his hands.

"Oh my God... I literally didn't ask. Stop talking,"

"You're so mean..." He sulked. "I have no idea how a guy like you could make any friends,"

"I have friends. Just not people who are a lame as you!"

"She's not lame!" Hanamura yelled.

"Damn right!" Koizumi stood up. "As a punishment, you have to spend the rest of the day with her and listen to whatever she wants to say to you!"

"No!" Hinata shouted.

He didn't know how he ended up at the beach with the other boy, listening to him ramble.

"And then he told me to call my parents, but I was like 'my parents are dead' and he was like 'shut up, a-word!'. He did actually say the word, but I won't. Anyway, he ended up throwing me out and I found a-"

"You sure love lying, my God,"

"I-I'm not lying!"

"Yeah, you are!"

Komaeda's eyes began to water. "I-I'm not..." Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Huh?! Don't cry!" Hinata whiped his tears.

"B-but you're so mean... I'm not a liar, I swear!" He cried.

Hinata nervously pulled him into a hug. Komaeda cried into his chest.

"Meanie... You're a big meanie..."