Chapter 18 | Hard Fall at Eden Hall (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Vlanterrin get out there. She hops out of the box with her stick as a defenseman. Stay focused.

The faceoff is taken by Conway who skates and passes to Monreau who fakes left passing a Blake bear and passes right to Fulton which leads to a goal. They all skate together and celebrate.

1-0

Come on act like you scored before Coach Orion yells.

Anastasia scans the crowd and sees Adam Banks wearing a red school sweater and sitting with Varsity as she position herself next to Fulton.

.....

After fifty minutes the score was 9-0.

Hey ref, why don't we end the game now so we can all make it home for Melrose, Goldberg says looking at the referee who skates by.

Another Blake Bear and Averman take the faceoff.

Averman looks at the Blake Bear it's over baby.

The referee puts down the puck and Averman gets knocked down as the Blake Bear skates towards the goal. Vlanterrin skates hard knocking the Blake Bear down as she skates around him. Her eyes catch Banks talking to the same red head with his arm around her losing her concentration.

In a split second a Blake Bear twice her size checks her hard into the boards trying to steal the puck. She loses her balance and hits the ice. She begins to see stars surround her as the referees stops the game. Germaine and Fulton help her to the bench. Someone takes off her helmet giving her room to breathe. Her teammates and coach look at her making sure her eyes stay open.

A goal for Blake Bears is made once Vlanterrin gets off the ice and Coach Orion seems frustrated.

Robertson, Portman change it. They skate hard on the ice but Blake Bears don't give up and another goal is made.

9-2.

....

40 minutes later Blake has caught up to the JV warriors. The score now reads Warriors 9 Blake Bears 8. Charlie jumps out the penalty box and begins to skate hard the puck gets passed to him from Ken Wu. Charlie begins to race down the ice to the Blake goalie and gets hooked. The puck keep soaring but misses the goal in time for a defender to make another goal for the Blake Bears.

Oh there goes the buzzer. A very disappointing tie for the Eden Hall Warriors. They open there cabin doors and let the Blake Bears climb right in. After Vlanterrin got hurt there was no coming back.

The Mighty Ducks begin to walk to the locker room.

The guy hooked me Charlie says.

We didn't need any more goals Charlie Averman says

We let down Guy Germaine responds

Connie pushes him, you let down I played hard.

Meanwhile Anastasia is being checked for a concussion at the nurse's office.

Anastasia you took quite a fall at the game. Can you tell me where you are.

I'm in the nurse's office Anastasia looks at the nurse.

The nurse hands her an ice pack to put on her head. Make sure to apply the ice pack to your head. If you feel nauseous or feel like you need to vomit tell your parents but there is a very low chance that will happen.

Anastasia slowly gets up walking to the locker room to go change. As she opens the door she sees coach walk out.

You okay Vlanterrin?

Yes I'm doing okay Coach just a slight headache.

Okay we have practice at 5am Monday have your parents call or email me if you won't be there

Okay she's goes into the locker room to change seeing the team look as miserable as she feels. She walks to her locker as Fulton walks up to her.

You okay Vlanterrin?

Yeah I guess it just hurts a little, she looks at Dean and then turns her head back to Fulton , but the nurse said I should be fine.

She changes as quick as possible, stuffing her uniform and skates in her duffel. She grabs her bookbag and duffel and heads outside to meet her parents.

Hi dad, hi mom she greets

Hi honey you okay? Her dad and mom look at her.

As good as I can feel, they all climb into the Rover.

Elizabeth looks at her daughter, what distracted you before you got hurt?

Alot has been happening at school, Adam Banks made varsity and he was there. Anastasia looks out the window.

Oh the boy that helped you get home and the one that helped you with hockey. You two seem to be getting close. Elizabeth Vlanterrin says looking at her daughter.

Id like to meet this boy that is distracting my daughter. David says while driving holding in a smile. In the middle of a hockey game in a crowd of 100 other people.

Dad I don't think it's a good idea we aren't exactly friends anymore and I would rather not talk about it.

Well we are always here if you need to talk. Elizabeth says

I know.

The rest of the car ride is practically quiet as Anastasia looks out the window. Finally, they reach their driveway Anastasia grabs her bags and follows her parents inside. She puts her hockey duffel in the foyer, takes off her shoes, and walks upstairs to do her nightly routine and go to bed.