Girl, you can't be that dumbass not meeting him. You don’t even know what to do with your time here anyways. 

He said he is lonely and hurt. 

Hurt - partly because of you.

How could you respond to that like some heartless bitch?

What on earth would you do instead of a little friendly talk? 

Fangirling over Daniel, sitting in the corner waiting for him to scratch behind your ears?

I took out my phone and chewed on my lips while my fingers were waiting patiently over the keypad. After some heavy minutes spent debating, I tapped on the Monégasque’s name. 

Of course, he picked up in no time. 

Of course, he was free that evening. 

Of course, he could agree on anything that suited me. 

I wrinkled my nose as I hung up, and wiggled in my chair. My eyes shifted towards our boys once more - Max was heatedly explaining to a woman how the colours of the Dutch flag are in the correct order. The one she painted was disastrously mixed up. Meanwhile Daniel was taking photographs with some schoolgirls. 

I briefly looked back at my phone when I heard my name. 

“CLARA!” 

It was Daniel shouting that made me jump up instantly. I saw he was standing by the front row where the thickest the crowd was. I hurried to him, to see better what it was about. I noticed a young girl half laying on the ground. 

“I think she fainted,” Daniel explained with a worried voice, but I only heard it in the back of my mind, my autopilot mode was already switched on. 

Fuck, it was hot, and at least five hundred people where gathered in between the fences. No shade. No water. Where is event security? She’d been here for hours waiting for sure. 

AND WHY THE FUCK EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE LIFTED UP THE NANOSECOND THEY FAINT? WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE'S COMMON SENSE?

I was not waiting for security to clear the way, I jumped the fence - which I’d normally account as an extraordinary achievement of mine but at that moment I didn't even think about what I was doing.

I hopped down to kneel beside the girl, who seemed to appear unconscious. She was local, very skinny and young - maximum around eighteen years old. She was wearing a black t-shirt with Daniel’s photograph in a sparkly heart shape. 

“It’s OK, please back off a bit,” I asked the people standing closest, so she could have some fresh air. “And release her, please. Yes, just lay her down,” I told the man who was still desperate to revive her by making her stand up. Instead, I lifted her legs to make the blood flush from there upwards, and checked her pulse, but it seemed fine. 

Surely, it was just a simple faint caused by dehydration and exhaustion. Daniel and Vicki were leaning over the railing, watching what I was doing. 

Fortunately the security guards managed to open the fence, so we could take the girl backstage. 

Daniel was extremely sweet, asking constantly how he could help. I already sent Vicki back to manage the situation outside and chaperone Max, and I was determined to ask Daniel the same.

“Thanks, I'll manage from here, I just need to find my bag to prepare an infusion,” I said as we carefully laid her down to a sofa.

“Cool, so I think I'll go back?” He half asked, as he watched his fan with much concern.