8- space bats

Josephine Buckley~ 

"Die motherfucker!" I shouted, hitting the bat with a paddle as it flew past me. The bat soaring into the sky. I guess the two years of softball helped for something. 

"Shit!" Eddie said as one divebombed him, Steve was still on the ground of the upside down. A bat wrapped around his neck as Robin and Nancy tried to kill it. We looked straight out of an action movie, running around killing bats as they tried to kill us. 

"Nancy heads up!" I said as a bat flew down and bit the girl on the back of the neck. They were quickly gaining on us, Steve finally got out, biting the tail of the bat to free himself. I couldn't lie it was pretty cool, catching me of guard for a moment watching Steve pull something like that. 

"Come on come on you son of a bitch!" Steve yelled, suddenly a sharp pain hit the back of my calf, a bat had taken a bite out of my leg. I fell to the ground trying to get it off before it released and Eddie had it in his hands. 

"Die you fuck face! Die!" He shouted at the bat, stabbing a paddle through its neck, blood spurting everywhere. My hero

"Thanks" I breathed out, my calf throbbing with pain. 

"Anything for you princess" He said before wiping his hair from his face and swinging at another bat. It wasn't the time and especially not the place but Eddie looked incredible in the blue light, all while swinging a paddle around like a lunatic. Steve was spitting out blood from the bat after he had finished ripping it in half, the bats all fled, going in the same direction. Steve started to stumble around, looking for somewhere to sit. 

"Jesus H Christ!" Eddie yelled

"What the fuck were those? Space bats?" I asked, half joking and half not. 

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked Steve, we all turned to look at him. His entire stomach was covered with blood, a massive gash in his side. He looked like he was about to pass out, the ten minutes of literal combat taking a lot out of us. 

"Well they took about a pound of flesh," he said, "But other than that, never better". Leave it to Steve to be funny after almost dying from space bats. 

"Uhh do you guys think these bats have like rabies?" Robin asked, her hands fidgeting. 

"Do not start with the rabies" I warned, knowing it would lead to ultimate destruction of Robin. 

"What?" Steve asked

"Well its just that rabies are like my number one greatest fear and I think we should probably get you to a doctor like really soon because once symptoms set in, its too late. You're already dead" I had heard the speech about 100 times. The time I got bit by the neighbors dog. The time Eddies childhood cat scratched me. Every single time we see a wild animal or go to the zoo or watch a nature documentary. 

"Robin just-" I started, but then 10 more bats swarmed the gate. We stood for a moment weighing our options. 

"Theres not that many, we can take them" Steve said with certain hesitation

"No we cant." I said bluntly, a bunch more started to swarm as Steve looked for a weapon. 

"You were saying?" Robin said, Nancy turned around, looking at the woods. 

"The woods, run!" Nancy said, we all started off in a dead sprint. All that cheerleading practice paying off for me. 

"Great more running" Robin said 

Eddie Munson~

"Couldn't we have tried a road or something just slightly less creepy?" Robin asked, her mind going to the same places mine was. I was not about to die in this shit hole.