6- letters of love

Eddie Munson~

Josephine was fast asleep in the boat, the first time she was able to fall asleep since her nightmare. The floorboards outside began to creak, almost as if someone was sneaking in.

"Shit" I whispered, right as I turned four people burst through the doors. My heart pounding just about out of my chest as I finally realized who it was.

"Delivery Service!" Dustin said happily, his smile showing his pride for helping us. Even through this bullshit he was still the same old Dustin, the best kid ever. I hope he never changes.

"Will you shut your mouth" I whispered, pointing to the girl sleeping in the boat who had pillows surrounding her head and face. She hasn't been able to sleep for too long at this point, sooner or later she would hallucinate and try to kill me in my sleep.

"Sorry" Dustin whispered again, his smile dropping a bit before covering it by lifting bags of food. The bags obviously filled to the very top, overflowing with snacks and meals they had prepared.

"Its fine she just hasn't been able to sleep" I said, one thing I would never purposefully do is make Henderson feel like shit. I know how that feels and I would rather die than see him feel that.

"So we got uh some good news and some bad news, how do you prefer it?" Dustin asked as Josephine slowly woke up. Her eyes opening and her mouth shifting into a small smile at the younger boy.

"Bad news first always" I said, it should be obvious, a household rule.

"Alright bad news, we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and their definitely looking for you. Also, they're uh pretty sure you killed Chrissy." Dustin said, skipping over the last part rather quickly.

"And Josephine?" I asked, I could live with the consequence of hiding for the rest of my life, hell I've been doing it up till now.

"So far in the clear." Dustin concluded, the girl next to me rolled over and gave a little 'yes' under her breath. I laughed a little at her reaction before turning back to Dustin.

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you its only a matter of time before everyone and their shallow minded mother will be out hunting for you" Robin said

"Hunt the freak right?" I asked looking to Robin, I knew she would understand. Robin was never particularly, well normal. While no one really knew anything for sure, those of us who know what it looks like, know.

"Exactly" Robin said

"Shit" Josephine said sitting up next to me, her eyes tired and worried.

"So before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence" Dustin said like it was easy, my heart pounding out of my chest.

"Listen Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but weve actually been through this kind of thing before, I mean they have a few times."

"Robin and I only once" Josephine interrupted

"Ours was more human-flesh based, theirs was smoke-related, but bottom line is collectively, I really feel we got this" Robin concluded

"Yeah see, we usually rely on this girl who has super powers but uh, those went bye-bye so" Steve said

"So were technically in more of the uhh brainstorming phase" Max said

"Brainstorming" Steve said snapping his fingers

"There's nothing to worry about" Dustin said, laughing nervously