𝟎𝟐𝟖: 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐮𝐲.

Start from the beginning

After a moment of silence everyone began to slowly clap.

"I gotta be honest. That was the best freaking speech you have ever given." John B praised. "Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip-flopped."

This caused Saylor to scrunch her face in confusion.

"We should bon voyage out of here." Sarah joked pointing into the air.

"Wait, so that wasn't Latin?" Saylor asked Pope as he helped her climb down from the roof. The Heyward boy simply ignored her, once again shaking his head. "No P, I'm serious, was that not Latin?"

☘︎︎

"Okay, you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asked in disbelief as they entered the old, abandoned church.

"Everybody, just spread out" Kie instructed.

"Okay well, if I was a cross and wanted to be hidden in an old church, where would I hide?" John B asked himself out loud.

"Are you sure that Denmark hid the cross here, Pope?" JJ asked uncertain. "Like, are we at the right church?"

"It's gotta be here somewhere, guys." Pope shook his head, standing at the alter.

"What if we have to push a secret button or, like, okay, like a..a certain chord, and then all of a sudden, the ground beneath us reveals the catacombs or something on which we stand?" JJ spoke up as he looked down at the ground, standing near the piano.

"That would be so sick" Saylor agreed eyes wide as she starting pressing the walls hoping to find a secret button.

"It's not an escape room." Kie rolled her eyes.

"It's gotta be in here!" Pope snapped suddenly.

"I can't see where they'd hide a giant cross here." John B said, his eyes scanning over the church taking note of the lack of hiding spots.

"No, no. There's no way he would set us up on a freaking goose chase that would lead us to a church that has nothing." Pope stressed as he threw his arms around, eyes wide.

"Yes, I get it. I don't know what to tell you, man." John B shook his head.

"The clues led us here. The cross is in this church." Pope repeated.

"Pope, it'll be all right." John B stated as Pope threw himself onto one of the benches. "We've had setbacks in the past, and we figured it out."

"He's right P, we will work it out. We always do" Saylor reassured plopping herself down next to him on the bench.

"We just gotta think about this logically, all right? Where else would you hide a 7 foot-tall cross made of gold?"

Pope lowered the eyeglass, staring up at the ceiling.

"What?" JJ asked as Pope stood up.

They followed his gaze to, what appeared to just be part of the wood built on the ceiling. With a harder look, it was obvious the beams were shaped like crosses.

"Oh my god. Look at that." Kie gapped.

Everyone was looking up at beams with a smile when Saylors face dropped as she saw Pope climbing up the wall in her peripheral vision. "Er Pope, I don't think that's very safe."