Epilogue

"You guys are seriously disgusting. Seriously" Dustin says, wrinkling his nose as Steve leans down and presses a soft kiss to Eddie's forehead. Eddie chuckles, arm snaking around Steve's waist from his standing position next to his chair. Steve flips Dustin the bird and Dustin smirks back. "I hate to break up this lovefest, but can we please get started?" Mike says, huffing, gesturing to the Dungeons and Dragons game set up in front of them. The kids chorus in agreement and Steve snorts, stepping away from Eddie, and shrugging his shoulders. "Don't mind me, I'm just hear to watch" Steve says, grabbing a seat and sitting in it. "Yeah, you all know he's harmless " Eddie drawls, smiling at the kids, gesturing wildly.

He takes a sip of his chalice of mountain dew, clears his throat, and takes a deep breath. "Let's get started, shall we?" Eddie says theatrically, voice deep and broad. Lucas sighs, leaning forward in his chair. "Finally!" he exclaims, and Dustin mocks him. Steve leans forward, grabs Eddie's hand in his, and presses a kiss to his knuckles. "For good luck" he murmurs, and Eddie looks at him with admiration. He smiles back. Will, who was back from California, claps excitedly, looking between Eddie and Steve. Steve catches his eye and Will blushes, looking away from the two. Huh, weird. With that, Eddie begins the campaign, voice wild and excited.

++

Steve kicked off his shoes by the door, Eddie following his movements. Eddie placed his keys on the hook, taking off his leather jacket, and throws it on one of them as well. Steve smiles softly, pulling Eddie in by the waist, and kisses him deep and slowly. Eddie sighs happily into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Steve's neck, and pulling him in further. "You did amazing tonight" Steve murmurs against his lips and Steve feels the man smile, as he pulls away. "You really think so?" Eddie whispers, gazing into Steve's eyes. Steve grins, nodding his head. "Yeah, the kids loved it. They love you" Steve deadpans, still holding Eddie's waist. "You're incredible " Steve continues, and Eddie lets out a snort, a faint hue of red-emitting from his cheeks. "Stop it now, with the praise. C'mon, we need to make dinner" Eddie says, swiveling on his heel and into the kitchen of their apartment. "I vote spaghetti" Steve singsongs and Eddie groans, putting a hand on his hip. "Steve, we had spaghetti last night" Eddie complains and Steve grins, opening the fridge, and scouring for the leftovers. "Yeah, that way we don't really have to cook" he explains and Eddie rolls his eyes, pulling out a pan from the cabinet. "I guess you're right, Steve" Eddie sighs, a small smile growing on his face.

It's been a little over a year since they started dating. They told the kids and everyone months prior, well, they like to say they told them put everyone figured it out quickly after spending a suspicious amount of time with one another. Eddie graduated months ago (thank god), and Steve still worked at Family Video, but he was happy, they were happy. Happier than ever. They moved in with one another, renting an apartment on the eastside of Hawkins after Eddie's uncle had found out they were dating and had promptly kicked Eddie out. Eddie was pissed, foremost, but soon came to the realization that being kicked out was the best thing that ever happened to him. He could be free. Free to love how he chose, free to do what he pleased, without the added anxiety of his uncle somehow finding out.

As Eddie stirred the pot of spaghetti with sauce on the stovetop, he looked lovingly at Steve, who was, haphazardly ripping open a package of frozen garlic bread and placing it onto a baking sheet to go in the oven. He chuckles as he watches Steve read the directions on the package, tongue sticking out in concentration as he does so. He places the bread in the preheated oven and claps his hands together, cranking the dial of the timer on the counter. "It should be ready in about seven minutes" Steve chirps, wrapping his arms around Eddie's waist, and bending his head into the crook of his neck. He presses soft kisses there and Eddie smiles, stirring the pot. Eddie thinks of how lucky he is to have Steve, and how good they are together, a picture of domesticated bliss.