Getting High with Eddie Munson

Steve knocked on the trailer's door and shoved his hands into his back pockets, glancing nervously around. A dog barked somewhere in the trailer park, and he felt himself jump about ten feet in the air. Yes, he's being a bit dramatic, but the concept of hanging out with Eddie Munson one-on-one was terrifying to him. He needs to relax. A mere seconds later, the door swung open, and Eddie appeared, a grin present on his face. "Harrington!" He exclaimed, holding his arm out as to display his place. "C'mon in." With that, Steve followed Eddie into the trailer.

Eddie had offered to smoke him up the other day when he came into Family Video looking for a VHS tape to rent. He was very convincing, with his charm and quickness that Steve had difficulty saying no. Besides, the last time he had gotten high - well, drugged, was with Robin in that super-secret Russian spy base. So when Robin came back from the breakroom and Steve told her what had happened, she suggested that he take Eddie up on the offer. Besides, ever since the whole Upside Down fiasco, Steve and Eddie had gotten closer. Sure, they've hung out with other people with each other, like Robin and the kids, but never alone.

He kicked off his shoes by the door and took in the place. The small living room was cluttered with an assortment of knick-knacks and smelled vaguely of cigarette ash and weed. He wrinkled his nose at this but soon got accustomed to the smell. It was comforting, almost. He glanced at the pictures on the walls and the linen fabric of the curtains. "Make yourself at home," Eddie said, walking over to the kitchen. As Steve took in his surroundings, he slowly sat down on the couch, letting out a low whistle. "This is a nice place you got," Steve hollered to him, and Eddie let out a snort at this. "Yeah yeah, you got jokes, Harrington. It's not much, but it's home." Eddie returned two seconds later with two mugs filled to the brim with hot tea, walking carefully so as not to spill them. "I hope you like tea because that's all I have. Plus, it helps with the high" He winks, setting them down on the coffee table in front of Steve. Steve nodded at this, shooting Eddie a small smile. "Thanks, man," He says, rubbing his sweaty palms on the fabric of his jeans.

"So," Eddie says, walking over to a drawer, pulling out a joint, and sauntering back to Steve. "Are you ready for the best high of your life?" He smirks, sitting down next to Steve. Steve gulped. He didn't know why he was so nervous, but being in this close proximity to him made him sweat. He brushed the anxiety off and sent Eddie a wide grin back. "Hell yeah, let's do this."

Eddie lit the joint with ease, taking a deep hit and holding it in. He closed his eyes, threw his head back, and exhaled, the smell of weed and smoke filling the air. Steve raised his eyebrows at this, letting out a laugh. "Experienced are we?" He questions before Eddie passes the joint to him, taking a hit himself. He regrets that statement as soon as he coughs, his throat burning as smoke fills his lungs. Eddie eyes Steve up and down at this and throws his head back once more, but this time in laughter. Steve watches amidst his coughing fit as Eddie's hair flows freely with the movement of his laughter, and he's mesmerized. Steve stumbles for the tea and takes a small sip, the smooth liquid instantly helping his sore throat. "Oh, Harrington" Eddie sighs, grabbing the joint from his hand and taking another hit. "You amaze me sometimes."

They go back and forth, taking hits for a while, and with each impact, the fuzzier the world gets for Steve. "Woah," Steve exclaims, his heart thudding in his chest as he giggles. "You weren't lying about this being some strong stuff," he continues, laying back on the couch. His words feel heavy on his tongue when he speaks. It's a weird yet familiar sensation, and he doesn't mind it. He giggles again at this, and Eddie tilts his head, confused. "What's so funny?" He questions, sitting up and knocking his knee into Steve's. Steve suddenly realizes how close they are and how he can smell the cheap cologne that Eddie wears. He tenses up, and Eddie senses this, moving away from Steve. Steve doesn't register the disappointment he feels when Eddie does so or how he misses the warmth of his body close to his. "You don't have to tell me, y'know" Eddie mumbles, his voice thick with understanding. He stares at Steve through his thick, long eyelashes, and Steve swallows, throat parched. It feels intimate, the way Eddie is staring into his soul, and Steve feels himself blush. They sit in silence as Eddie finishes the rest of the joint, Steve too high to continue. Eddie puts the roach out on the ashtray on the table and stands up, breaking the silence. "Wanna listen to some tunes?"