Locked Out

Virat was surprised to see Rahul out in the hotel lobby at 10:30 at night. KL was still pretty new to the team, and he was still learning about him. Maybe he was going out for an evening walk.

Half an hour later, KL was still roaming about there, looking rather upset.

"Hey, all good?", Virat asked him. He hoped KL wouldn't figure out that he had been observing him for like an hour now.

"Yeah?", KL tried to sound assured, but it came out more like a question.

"Okay, something's wrong. Tell me", Virat demanded.

"It's not a big deal."

"I want to know anyway."

"I- er- I may have locked myself out of my room", KL said sheepishly.

"That's what's bothering you?", Virat said incredulously.

"Yeah", he sighed, "I tried to ask the reception for spare keys, but they want an ID card. I locked my phone and wallet inside, so I don't have that."

"So, naturally, you decided to walk around for an hour, waiting for your door to magically unlock."

"Why're you spying on me?", KL narrowed his eyes, "Anyway, no. Yeah. I don't know. I don't really know people here, so I couldn't decide what to do. It is pretty late, you know."

"I'll talk to the reception people. You go and sit in my room till then."

"No, it's fine. I can stay here."

"Go and sit", Virat rolled his eyes.

KL mock saluted him and went in his room.

A few minutes later, Virat entered and announced, "It's open now. Carry an ID with you at all times, and take care of your keys."

"I will", KL scratched the back of his neck.

"Now go, get some sleep", Virat smiled.

"Yeah. Good night."

"Good night. And, hey, you can ask me for anything, anytime, okay, Rahuliya?", Virat grinned.

"Don't call me that. And thanks", he grinned back.

Virat was more than happy when Rahul started taking him up on his offer.