Chapter 15

Rex POV

Moving swiftly through the narrow Halls of The titans lords place, my thoughts would not stop drifting to what was happening to Bullseye. He was stuck with Kronos probably getting tortured due to my failure. As leader it's my job to make sure non of the men under my command get hurt and I had failed pretty miserably at that. Scar had lost a leg and due to the fact that the wound had been inflicted by kronos's scythe, a mythical weapon, it couldn't be healed by magic. Like what's the point in having a spell that can heal people if It doesn't apply to mythical weapons. We work for a god for fuck sake! Passing by, we noticed a metal door slightly open. Peering inside we saw the broken bartered form of bullseye lying limply against a chair. 

"Bullseye!" I shouted running over to him "please tell me your not dead."

He didn't look very good. His entire body was covered in burns, stab wounds and pretty much every other torture weapon you could think of. Limping over towards us, Scar hunched down beside me and looked over him with sad eyes

"Most if these wound were inflicted by mortal weapons." I say "that's means we should be able to heal most of them. But for now we need to stop him losing to much blood and get out of here."

"Agreed" Scar replied mustering what little strength he had to cast the sleep we need "but how do we get out"

"There's no other way" I muttered grimly

"Rex what are you taking about?"

"Do you think you get could get bullseye out of here if the enemy was distracted?"

"Probably yes...you better not be thinking what I think you are"

"It the only way Scar" I said "I'll create a distraction while you get yourself and bullseye out of here."

"No Rex, that's not happening. We can't just leave you here, your bound to get captured."

"I know"

"Well why are yo-"

"Because I have to!" I snap "I've already failed you both once and I'm not doing it again. So as your leader I'm ordering you to take bullseye and leave without me. I'll distract them for you."

"Please Rex have some sense" Scar begged "if you do this there is a decent chance you'll not come back."

"I knew the risks when I accepted this position and so did you. I want you to get as far from this base as possible and re-join Percy and the others. Explain to them what happened and go on with the mission. And who knows, maybe we shall meet again."

"Theres nothing I can do to change your mind Is there."

"No, I know what must be done and I shall do it. Take bullseye and go now, I'll distract them as best I can." And without another word I turned away from them and walked out the door to face my fate.