KazuLumi- Oh Really? (Part 2)

YAY im not totally dead

I realized that the title doesnt make sense but idk what to put soo yea

 I altered a few things and there are slightly OOC characters and some things that are a bit different from the original lore, but i did it for the plot T-T

Do bear with me, amazing readers.

btw this does not make sense i wrote this at like 1am

ALSO THANKYOU FOR 10K READS TvT

Word Count- 1357

***

"Are you sure this is the place, boss?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Now let's go."

A Cryo Fatui Skirmisher walked into a tiny caving between two hills with his boss, an Anemoboxer. Their other comrades consisting of cicin mages and skirmishers followed them in.

The job that this jolly group had was pretty easy, they simply had to place a device. But considering the consequences it could have, they needed max backup.

It was the middle of the night and the Onikabuto rested in their trees. The Anemoboxer pulled out the precious device and placed it near some roots. These roots looked like they belonged to an extremely ancient tree. This tree was none other than the Sacred Sakura tree, a gift to the nation of Inazuma by its Archon, protecting Inazuma just like she would.

When the device was placed properly, it glowed a faint red next to the soft glowing-pink roots as it camouflaged with its surroundings. The Fatui took a few steps back, expecting some reaction to take place. This tree was after all, a symbol of Inazuma and the tree that had protected Inazuma for years now. There must be some sort of protection on the tree as well, right?

But nothing happened. The stars twinkled like, a frog croaked in the distance. The roots emitted their faint glow. The only difference now was that red was starting to fill the lines of the roots, slowly.

The Fatui looked at each other. "Well, that was easy." the Cryo Fatui commented. "So uhh... should we like, go?" a cicin mage asked. "Yea, let's leave." the Anemoboxer said in a faint voice.

As our Fatui friends left, the device continued to poison the roots. The red spread and covered up a lot of lines by the time the Sun peeked over the horizon of Inazuma to start a new day in the electro nation.

**

"Ah, Raiden Shogun."

Yae Miko, the head shrine maiden of the Grand Narukami Shrine announced her arrival in Tenshukaku, the home of the electro Archon.

But currently, the almighty Raiden Shogun was resting. Being extremely sick for the past few days, she hadn't left her abode for a really long time. Yae Miko came and sat close to her.

"Did you find anything?" the Shogun asked in a hoarse voice. "Well, no. The roots are still red. I did try some cleansing today but it did not work. How's Ei?"

"She's alright, I think this... condition *cough* of mine won't affect her. She still can't leave though...."

"Ah, this is quite the predicament you two have gotten yourself into... I suppose we can't even dispose with you if you do not get well soon enough..."

The Shogun glared at the fox.

"Ah, I was only joking! Don't look at me like that now. I need to tell you something. Even though I did not find anything near the roots, I did sense something... out of place..."