Chapter 1: The Universe Fucking Hates Me

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I sighed. Rhea sighed. And we both finger-gunned at each other.

We reached home. The distance between the school and our houses was really less. Imagine reaching your house from school in such a short duration of a conversation.

We said our good-byes and I unlocked the door to my house. My parents weren't home. They usually came at around 6 PM and it was only 2:55 PM now.

I decided that I could finish the game in three hours and after changing, I opened up my PC. I had that huge Desktop setup on one side of my room and I used it for many things, like doing assignments, gaming, listening to music, gaming, online classes, gaming, taking notes, gaming and oh! Did I mention gaming?

No, but really, I was almost addicted to that game. Even if I was just a casual player. It's just that open-world games with great visuals are just so difficult to find, and even more difficult to get for free.

"Six Elemental Stones!" a girl's voice exclaimed from the screen. That was the name of the game. It was about this guy called Wilhelm Basilton who was the... 2nd or 3rd Prince of the game's setting's continent, Reargana, pronounced Rer-go-na.

It...looks a little funny. I had pronounced it as Rear-ga-na when I first saw it and Rhea and I had had a good laugh over that.

I still think they should have just named it the way it was pronounced. Rergona looks so much better on paper than Reargana does.

I think there's a petition to change the name of the continent online, to be honest. I had signed it, and then promptly closed the window when it asked for my credit card details.

Anyways, the last chapter was shorted than the others, and I got through it in around two hours. Then I spent one hour fangirling about the ending with Rhea, who finally got to rant at me.

"IT'S SO FUCKING CLIMATIC, RIVER, SO. FUCKING. CLIMATIC."

"THEY DESTROY MAGIC ONCE AND FOR ALL? AND THE WHOLE WORLD LIVES IN PEACE? THAT IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED AFTER THE HISTORY OF THE MAGIC WAS REVEALED!"

"YEAH, AND-"

"STOP BEING SO LOUD, I HAVE HOMEWORK!" A voice interrupted Rhea. It was probably her younger brother, who was actually serious about studying.

"You can just lock your doors, Rishi..."

"Tumi maak moi hoi xudhibi pise, xahokh ase jodi."

"E, hobo de o, siyora bondho korim de."

They had switched to their mother tongue, which was Assamese. I listened with interest.

"Nalaage, hobo diya. Next time tur kaam interrupt kori moiyu siyaori dim. Tetiya he bhaal koi revenge lua hobo, nohoi ne?"

"Choop thaak, xoru karone besi-besi dekhabo ahise. Nerd korobar."

"Toi muk nerd buli koi ki laabh? Nije tu laptopot dork tur nisinake SETor background logai thoiso."

The way they talked was very interesting. I could catch the few English words and also a few basic words that Rhea taught me, and was able to conclude that Rishi (short for Hrishikesh) was very furious about Rhea's fangirling. And they were trying to talk each other down to no prevail.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a sibling from birth. Everyone says that I should be grateful that I'm a single child, etc. but I really want a gay sibling so that we can come out together and if we get kicked out, we'll at least get kicked out together.

...I like to pull people down with me. Otherwise, it gets really lonely staying at the bottom by myself most of the time.

Anyways, Rhea had to hang up after that because Rishi was threatening to reveal her fanfiction to her mother or something (even though I know he wouldn't do that) (he actually really cares about Rhea and secretly enjoys her fanfiction) (I caught him reading it once and he admitted it).

I procrastinated for a bit (for at least half an hour) and then sat down to do my homework. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to submit it on time for once.

My parents came home later than usual, at around 7:00 PM. Even then, I still hadn't finished my homework. Actually, I would have finished it if I only had that day's homework to do, but my entire one month of doing homework in the period before it is to be submitted had left me with a lot of pending work.

I swear I wasn't like this before lockdown.

When my parents came home, I sat up on the sofa (I prefer doing work in the living room) and greeted them like a good child. My mother frowned at me, "What is all this mess?"

The room was scattered with paper and books. I looked at her nervously, "I'll clean it up after I finish my homework, I swear."

My father just laughed and threw his bag on one of the bean bags and sank down on the sofa himself. My mother frowned even deeper, "And there is a place for everything, oh I swear, I can't with you two..." She shook her head.

After she had gone into her room, I quietly asked my dad, "Which one of her co-workers annoyed her this time?" Dad laughed and said, "Mrs. Metternich. Clara already can't stand that woman, and now she hates her even more."

"Why? What did Mrs. Metternich do?"

"She didn't submit something on time and made us late."

"Ohh, so that's why you were later than usual today."

"Yep! I think I should really go and take a bath, or your mother is going to nag at me again."

"Alright, you do that."

Dad went to his room and took a shower. I continued doing homework. At some point, I fell asleep.

After that, I don't know what happened. Maybe the universe was just triggered at me for putting off my homework for so long and then falling asleep on it.

When I next woke up, I wasn't in the living room. I was lying on some bed. My first thought was that Dad had carried me to my room, but that couldn't be it because I was getting bigger and my Dad no longer had the strength to carry me like he did when I was a kid. Besides, the ceiling wasn't familiar.

When I sat up, I gasped. There was a big mirror right in front of the bed. A few of my braincells were confirming that this was not my room, because I would never be stupid enough to keep such a huge mirror in front of my bed. A few of my braincells wondered if the owner of this room had ever watched a horror movie that included mirrors.

But the majority of my brain was concerned on the fact that I was no longer in my body. This wasn't my room, or my house, or even my world.

I was Daniel Arendelle, a character from Six Elemental Stones.

*******************************************

So I changed a lot of things. River doesn't die in a fire anymore, It isn't in 3rd person anymore, etc. But I'm actually quite satisfied with this chapter! If I was asked to read it, I would probably not die from 2nd hand embarrassment! Hurray for improvement!