The woman scoffed. 'There were beings before your god came. They were there before him and they will be here after him.'

'And your point is?' Manus asked the woman.

'That your god isn't eternal and shall die. He will be brought low by time and my master.' The woman said annoyed at Manus's nonchalance.

'Eh. If the incarnation of evil itself can't kill God I doubt some shadowy punk-ass bitch can.' Manus said, intentionally riling her up.

'Your god is an illusion. He built creation on my lord's kingdom!' The woman yelled angered at the insult.

There it is.

'I see! So your master is the living incarnation of space and the void itself! That's why you have energy similar to Oblivion!' Manus said putting the puzzle pieces together.

The woman's anger immediately disintegrated and was replaced with fear. 'Oh no.'

'You have my thanks. You have answered my question about your master. Now I need to know what they can do. I will not require your cooperation for this.' Manus said before he lifted his finger and shot out a dark tentacle that forcibly began extracting the information he needed from her brain.

He visited the woman's memories and sifted quickly finding a situation similar to his rebirth at the hands of god.

He looked through the eyes of the woman and looked at two glowing eyes that radiated cold and unfeeling energy not too dissimilar to the vacuum of space.

"Hello." The being spoke.

It stared at Manus from all angles, curious and excited by the turn of events. It felt a familiar power within the crusader, similar to its own.

While their powers were similar, the very core of him was something entirely different. But that did not stop the being from examining Manus further.

"Ah! One of Yahweh's children!" It said, "What do you want?" It asked and continued to figure out the nature of Manus's powers.

"What the fuck are you?" Manus asked without a shred of fear or hesitation.

"A good question! It's a shame that none of any existing languages can give a non-complicated in-depth answer." The being knew, it tried more than once to explain in full detail its origin, but the result was usually the listener bleeding from his/her nose and start having a mental breakdown. "To keep it short and simple. I'm the thing that was before creation. The dark before the light."

"So you're the thing that kids are scared of when their parents turn off the light." Manus said not being very impressed.

"Kind of? The dark is the absence of light, and I'm the being that embodies the absence of...well...everything. The total death of all matter and energy. The void. Nothingness." It explained. "So you can say that I'm partly there in the dark bedroom of a child who is scared of the dark." It paused and thought for a moment. "I'm a weird existence. Really weird...quantum physics looks like a joke when compared to me."

"So you're nihilism's wet dream then." Manus said not respecting the being's power in the slightest.

"Exactly!" It replied, somewhat humored by Manus's insulting comment.

"So you're the canvas God used to make creation. Interesting. And I take it you're the one to blame for the death of my troops?" Manus asked, now allowing his emotions to grow.

"None in the slightest." It paused. "Unless we take into account that it's because I made that lass who killed them into a voidling. You see...I use all of my voidlings as entertainment, it's boring to be multiversal-level powerful. So I give a little bit of my power to interesting people and see what they do with it." The Void's voice was nonchalant.