The Cait-alyst or the Snow-hibitor II

They walked to the kitchen together and Caitlin sat at the tall chair by the kitchen pass-through, while Felicity began to make her morning to-go cup of coffee for work. "Why were you asking Barry if he wanted to live here?" Caitlin asked. "Is it because you're considering taking Oliver up on his offer to move in with him?"

Although Felicity didn't respond, her silence spoke volumes. "I know I was happy that you decided to live with me," Caitlin began cautiously, "but if you are seriously considering living with Oliver, I think you should go for it."

"If I'm always living with Oliver then..." Felicity said. "What if I start to feel caged in?"

"Does Oliver ever make you feel like you're not free when you're with him?" Caitlin asked concernedly.

"Well, no, but..." Felicity trailed off, trying to find the right words. "Okay, I've been thinking about it a lot for a while now so get ready for emotionally open, fully honest Felicity Smoak."

"I'm ready," Caitlin said determinedly and even though she had no idea where the conversation was headed, she knew she had to do whatever she could to help her friend with whatever was troubling her.

"So you know my mom," Felicity began, "I love her and she's done so much for me, but..." She furrowed her brow, a rare frown on her face, and contemplated her next words. "My mom was never around because of the mistakes of my dad."

Caitlin nodded in understanding. Though Felicity rarely talked about her father, she knew there were plenty of bitter feelings lingering around the man.

"His crimes and mistakes meant my mom had to be shackled to a job she hated, just so she could raise me, and her marriage to him was like a prison for her... and I- I know Oliver isn't like that. I know that Oliver loves me and I love him too and..." Felicity sighed. "The truth is... it's more than just living with him."

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asked.

"Oliver didn't just ask me to move in with him." Felicity hesitantly reached into her purse and pulled out a small, sleek box; Caitlin vaguely remembered her fiddling around with that small container for the past few days. "He asked me to marry him."

Pin drop silence and then Felicity opened the box.

"Holy shit!" Caitlin exclaimed after being exposed to what was hidden in the capsule. "Oh my god! Oh my—"

"Shh!" Felicity hushed, making a quieting gesture with her hands. "It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" Caitlin whispered loudly. "Look at the size of that thing! And you're an engaged woman now? This is the biggest deal!"

"I didn't say yes," Felicity admitted, placing her hands flat against the cool countertop and leaning her body against it.

"WHAT?" Caitlin yelled, all thoughts to neighbors and noise levels completely disregarded.

"I didn't say no either!" Felicity quickly established. "I told him I had to think about it."

"Think about it?"

"Yes."

"You kept the ring, though," Caitlin noticed, eyeing the shining item curiously.

"It's a pretty ring!"

"It is, isn't it?" Caitlin leaned closer to get a better look at the giant sparkly monstrosity sitting in the velvet case. "How many carats is it?"

"I didn't research it, Caitlin," Felicity retorted, but when Caitlin raised her eyebrows and gave her a questioning stare, she relented, "3.5 carats."

"Oh my god... Oh my GOD!"

"Caitlin! Shut the fuck up!"

"Felicity! Oh my god!"