Despair

3rd Person POV

Somewhere in ANHS, a dejected Ike could be seen sitting on a park bench.

The sun was beginning to set and he could feel the gentle wind softly caressing his skin.

With him were two of his classmates.

"Cheer up, Kanji. It's no big deal, right?"

One of them was Sudou Ken, his best friend since the start of his 1st year.

"What are you talking about?! It's a pretty huge deal..."

Ike retorted. In his wallowing, he inadvertently yelled at his friend.

He continued to look down at the ground, looking like he had his soul taken from him.

Sudou was a bit taken aback. He had seen Ike get too excited on many occasions but this was the first time Ike had ever yelled at him.

Sudou had been trying to console Ike for a while now, but he was met with little success. As a result, he decided to call for reinforcements.

"It's pointless being sad about it, Ike. At this point, there's nothing you can do about it anymore. The only thing you can do now is to pick yourself up and keep moving forward."

The other was a completely average boy named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The kind of boy you can find anywhere.

While Ike's friendship with Ayanokouji has degraded ever since the sports festival, they were able to somewhat rekindle their friendship during the cruise from the 2nd Island Exam.

"Hey, why don't we go to Karaoke? We can ask Kushida-san to bring some of her friends!"

Sudou put a hand on his shoulder and cheerfully spoke to Ike.

Normally, the mere mention of Kushida would rile Ike up. After all, she was the main object of his desires. This time, however...

It wasn't very effective.

Maybe it's because he has a girlfriend now? Or was he simply too sad to care? Who knows.

"It might feel like the biggest issue in the world but in the grand scheme of things, it's a relatively small matter. In the future, you'll probably look back and see this as something silly."

This time, Ayanokouji stepped up. The definitely-average boy attempted to raise Ike's spirits but to no avail.

His words were the truth. However, to Ike, his words just seemed like optimistic babble. His current predicament felt like it was going to be the end of him and he couldn't see it in any other way. He was too emotional to think rationally.

While Ayanokouji had experience in consoling others, he wasn't quite sure what to do with this specific case.

It was a situation unlike anything he had ever seen before. One that transcends basic reasoning.

Upon the mention of his new girlfriend, Ike perked up for a moment, before quickly sinking even deeper in the pits of sorrow.

Ike was completely depressed. And nothing could pull him out of his despair.

"I... don't know what to do anymore... "

Ike felt like his heart was being crushed. He was feeling lost. He didn't know what to do, and he didn't want to do anything.

No drive, no motivation.

Ike had nothing.

He was still alive, but you can't call it "living".

Feeling tears starting to form in his eyes, he covered his face with his hands.

"... Satsuki found my porn."

End

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Much like my favourite COTE waifu, this one was quite short. The milf chapter must've taken a lot out of me figuratively.

It's my first time writing in 3rd person so understand if this was kinda ass.

I haven't been feeling the best recently so my writing speed might be affected for a while. Sorry if I'm being too slow with the updates.

The next chapter on this book will be a Chie lemon but it might take a while. I'll try to finish it before the end of the month.

Anyways, I hope this was enjoyable. If it wasn't, good thing this was so short, eh?

Goodbye for now

.
.
.

Word count - 669

25/06/2022