Narcissistkouji

This may be a bit sudden, but hear me out.

What makes someone superior? Is it accomplishments? Stature? Commodities? Wealth? Or perhaps, is it something that can't be easily measured?

A wise man once said that the superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. However, what Confucius refers to as a superior man here is not the same as what someone like me would think. The philosophy of Confucianism says morals and virtues makes a man superior.

Whatever the case may be, for something to be superior, there needs to be something inferior. How I see it, in this world there's me, and then there's everybody else.

"Don't you think you should give up your seat?"

A young woman who appeared to be an office worker talked to me, snapping me out of my monologue.

"Hm?"

"Can't you see this elderly woman is having trouble?"

Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus, attracting the other passengers' attention.

"I can, but what's your point?"

"You're sitting in a priority seat. It's natural to offer up those seats to the elderly."

If it's a priority seat, that's all the more reason why I should be here.

"Is that so?"

Just like that I've immediately lost interest. I wanted to return to thinking about how great I am but the office lady was rather persistent.

"Wha-? Is that how you talk to your superiors?"

"Superiors?" What is she talking about? I was genuinely dumbfounded. I began to look around the bus and arrived at my conclusion.

"What did you mean? No matter how you look at it, there's nobody here who is superior to me."

As soon as I said that, I felt many gazes directed at me. I believe they just realized how beautiful this absolute chad of a man sitting at the priority seat is.

However, one girl was different. She was glaring at me like I had just murdered her entire family.

These peasants should be thankful that I decided to ride a bus today. The only reason I'm not in a helicopter right now is because Matsuo persuaded me to do an act of kindness and allow the masses to gaze at the masterpiece known as me.

"Umm, I also think that the lady is right."

The owner of the voice stood next to the office lady and bravely spoke her opinion. She wore the same school uniform as mine.

"Can you elaborate?"

"It may be none of your concern, but I think it will contribute to society."

"Social contribution, is it? That is true. By giving up my seat to the elderly, you can say you are contribute to society, in a sense. However, there's this minor problem where I couldn't care less. No language on Earth could describe how little I care."

A human does not concern themself with the ramblings of insects. And if anything, society should contribute to me. My mere existence is a gift to this world.

"Though, if you're willing to act as my seat for the remainder of the bus ride, I'll gladly give up this seat."

Her good girl act seemed to falter as I deliver my generous compromise. She turned to the other passengers and looked around.

"Everyone, please listen to me for at least a little bit. Can anyone else give their seat for the old lady? Please, anyone."

Being modest I see. Usually, all the women in that place would be fighting each other for the privilege of becoming my seat.

"Umm... you can have my seat."

Soon after the girl's appeal, a woman stood up. She gave up her seat, unable to endure the guilt. Or perhaps she wanted to be my seat? Only god knows.

Oh wait. That's me.

...

The bus soon arrived at the destination, and stopped at the school. As I got off the bus, there was a gate made of natural stone waiting for me. All the boys and girls in uniform passed through the gate.

Advanced Nurturing High School

A school created by the government that aims to nurture young people to support the future.

It is the place that I will be gracing with my presence starting today.

"Wait!"

As I tried to take a step forward towards my new playground, I was stopped when someone called out to me.

"You were pretty full of yourself back there at the bus. Do you actually believe you're better than everybody?"

"Fire is hot and the Sun sets in the west. The ocean is salty and I'm simply the best. It's like that." They are things known as facts.

"Can you prove it then? Anyone can talk about how good they are but actually proving it is a different matter."

"You'll see."

"Tch." She began walking faster, trying to walk ahead of me. I considered walking even faster but I decided against it. That would be a waste of energy.

.
.
.

Overlooking the classroom, I walked over to the seat with my nameplate on it. A seat towards the back of the room near the window. I'm guessing the Chairman put me here so I wouldn't blind my classmates with my brilliancy. As expected, he knows what's up.

I sat down on my seat and closed my eyes as I reminisced about my father's last words before sending here.

"Please, just go. I just wanted to prove that anyone can become exceptional in the right environment. You can have your freedom, just... I beg you, stay away from me."

I should visit him and the white room if I get the chance. My harem is still there after all. I haven't even finished the 4th generation curriculum yet but they already let me go. I'm truly a masterpiece and they knew it.

No matter what they threw at me, I could do it in my sleep. My harem was the same. I give them all special lessons every night which somehow improved their physical and mental abilities so they can pass the tests with ease. Speaking of which, I miss my harem already... Oh well. Time to make a new one for this school.

"An unpleasant coincidence."

"Haha🗿. That's a good one." If I could laugh, I would. I can somewhat emulate Arisu's usual smile but that's about it.

Our little interaction ended there as neither of us were interested in continuing then conversation.

After a few minutes, the bell rang. Almost at the same time, a woman wearing a suit walked into the classroom. She had her long hair tied into a ponytail and had nice assets. She also looked to be in her late 20s.

Rejoice, woman. For you have caught my eye.

Depending on how things go, you might get to experience heaven, courtesy of my T-Rex.

End

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

This was an idea I got after reading a fic by bellcajoh titled "When the Darkest Secrets are all White". The superiority monologue is partly from there. It's pretty good fic. 10/10, would recommend.

Anyway, hope with was decent enough. I had no idea what I was doing while writing this.

Goodbye for now.
.
.
.

Word count- 1206

Published - 5/06/2022

Last edit - 7/14/2022