"How about I make breakfast?" I ask as he pulls me in closer, kissing up my arm.

"Why waste cooking supplies when all I want is standing in front of me?" he says flirtatiously as he pulls me onto his lap.

I laugh softly at him as his hands soothe over my sore ass, his lips kissing my neck. "Attached already?" I ask him, just to pick with him.

"I think it's safe to say that I am." he replies, kissing my jawline. He looks up to me as he catches my lips in a soft and passionate kiss, my hands gripping his shoulders for support as I kiss him back. He pulls away and looks at my lips as he catches his bottom lip between his teeth. "Breakfast sounds great," he says before kissing me again.

I rise off his lap as he chases my lips, catching them in one last kiss before I turn to leave the room. With me still in close range, he slaps my ass hard, making me yelp in pain, looking back at him with a stern glare.

"Elijah!" I yell, scolding him and soothing my hand over my ass, walking away from his incredulous laughter. I wander downstairs, saying good morning to Mary, who's already cleaning. "Wouldn't you like to relax a little?" I ask her.

"Oh, I'm fine darling. Boss probably wouldn't let me anyway," she says, shaking her head.

"I think he would," I say, grinning.

"I doubt it. He's always so grouchy."

"Oh, trust me. I think he's in a better mood today. Come on, take a break," I plead.

For a moment, she hesitates, but then she sighs and sits down. "I guess a few minutes wouldn't hurt." she surrenders.

I give her something to eat and a drink before I begin to make breakfast, and after about twenty minutes, she smiles and thanks me before getting back to cleaning. A few minutes later, I'm turning everything off and I start to make Elijah's plate as I hear thudding footsteps descending down the staircase. Elijah comes around the corner just as I sit his plate down.

"We need to replace the bed. It's a shame. I actually liked that one," he says, earning a laugh from me in return. As he sits down, he raises his eyebrow. "Everything looks good. I was nervous about coming down," he says, snickering.

"You're full of jokes this morning," I say, rolling my eyes. "Coffee?"

"Creamer and sugar would be very much appreciated." I pour a cup of coffee and I put a few tablespoons of creamer and sugar into his cup, mixing it thoroughly as he digs into his plate, taking big bites out of his food. I sit his cup in front of his plate and he grabs it and takes a sip. "Perfect," he mumbles before continuing to devour his food. I sit down at the other end of the table on instinct and as I start to eat, Elijah freezes after swallowing his food. "Why're you sitting all the way over there?" he asks.

"I didn't notice. It's a habit," I say, starting to eat my food.

Elijah gets up and picks up his plate and mug. He sits them down in the spot in front of me on my right side and sits down before continuing to eat. A smile creeps onto my face as I continue to eat my food, and after he's done eating, he sits on his phone, scrolling through it until I'm finished eating.

The maid comes in and begins washing dishes as Elijah begins to talk. "I need to head out today to handle some business. You're coming with me," he says, looking at me expectantly. "Usually the wives stay out of the mix, but I'm not a stickler for rules."