•Chapter VI•The Dive•

after going back to the wheelers and discussing everything, we decide to finally get some food, and beer for eddie. on the car ride there, nancy and robin decide what we're gonna tell eddie.
we pull up to reefer ricks and see cops and news reporters. "HOLY SHIT! NO NO NO!" i yell as we get out of the car. they didn't get him, but they released his name to everyone and show a picture.
"dustin, can you hear me? hopper?" we hear on the walkie. i immediately start smiling ear to ear. "eddie. holy shit. are you okay?" dustin says. nah, man. pretty... pretty god damn far from okay."
i take the walkie. "eddie, baby, where are you?" everyone there exchanges a look. "baby?" they question me. "i'm at skull rock. do you know it?" he asks. "yeah, yeah i know it." "that's near cornwallis and-" dustin says and gets cut off by steve. "garrett, yeah yeah. i know where that is."
"stay put, and uh we're coming okay? we'll be there soon i promise." we all run to the car. "so uh jordan. what was... what was that about?" "what me knowing where skull rock was?" i ask acting clueless. "you know what i'm talking about." dustin says.
"oh my god you guys can get to the point. they're asking about you calling eddie baby, what's that about?" lucas chimes in. "i knew you guys were nosy. but this time. please just mind your business. and don't act like you didn't already know." i say with an attitude.
"wow touchy subject." steve chimes in. "no it's just..." i say. " nevermind." "just say it damn." "okay asshole. since you just need to know, i have feelings for him, i like him, a lot. and im pretty sure he doesn't like me how much i like him. but i know he likes me i just. i don't know. it's all really confusing." i say.
the rest of the ride was silent. we get out and start walking and steve and dustin argue the whole time. "dustin, i love you, but this time steve's right. your taking us the wrong way." i chime in. we all follow steve.
"bada bing bada boom. there she is henderson. skull rock. in your face man. in your stupid cocky little face." steve says as we walk up to skull rock. "doesn't make sense." "yeah, yeah. even when your staring it in the face you can't admit it. you just can't admit that your wrong, you butthead."
"i concur. you dustin henderson, are a total butthead." eddie says. "EDDIE!" i yell and run up to him and hug him around the neck. "jesus we thought you were a goner." dustin tells him.
i let go of eddie giving dustin a chance to hug him too. "yeah me too man. me too" as soon as dustin let's go of him i hug him again. "eddie i thought you were gonna go to jail, and you were gonna be gone forever and forget about me! i was so worried!" i say.
i let go of the hug and shove him a little. "don't ever pull that shit again. you hear me?" i say and let out a little laugh. i give him a little kiss and he crosses his arms. i put my arm through his and rest my head on his shoulder, happy to be able to just be with him.
we sit down after a little bit of talking. "when i got to the shore i tried calling you guys, but, uhh..." he takes a drink of beer. "my walkie was busted man. drenched. so uh, i did the thing that i do now, apparently. i ran" he says and laughs a fake laugh.
"do you know what time it was? the attack?" nancy asks him. "yeah. no i know exactly what time it was. my walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." he says waking off his watch, throwing it to nancy.
i know this isn't a good time, but his hands just mmmm. his hands are perfect, and his rings😫. i grab his hand and start playing with his rings and fingers.
"9:27" "same time our flashlights went kablooey" "which means what exactly?" "that, that surge of energy was vecna attacking patrick." "well we're one step closer. we know how vecna attacks."
"and where he attacks from." "so now we just need to sneak into his lair in the upside down, and drive a stake through his heart."
"if he has a heart." "a stake? is he like a vamp? is he a vampire?" "it was a metaphor." "a bullet should work on him, right?" "i say we chop his head off." "yeah, i'd say all of the above, but we can't do any of that until we find a way into the upside down." "we need el to get her powers back."
"everything was like waaayyy easier. we had this girl. she had super powers." "super powers. yeah, you mentioned her. hey uh. hendersons not, uh, cursed, is he?" eddie asks as dustin paces back and forth.
"cursed? no, no. he's fine. mental? absolutely." "BOOOM! bada... bada... boom." dustin finally speaks, pointing at steve. "iiii, was right. skull rock was north." "seriously? your serious?" "mm-hmmm"
"THIS IS SKULL ROCK, OKAY?"
"mm-hmmm" "YOUR TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY 100% WRONG RIGHT NOW." "yes. and no." "oh my god." "this compass worked correctly when we left the wheelers. correct when we got in the car on curly. but it started to slip the further east we went. but NOow it's way off. when i was leading us here i wasn't wrong. the compass was."
"so you're using faulty equipment. you're still wrong." "except it isn't faulty. lucas, do you remember what can affect a compass?" "an electromagnetic field." "yep." "sorry i must've skipped that class."
    dustin and lucas inform us that there is a gate nearby which is why the compass was wrong. and it's not the gate at the lab. a small gate. i'm still playing with eddies hand when dustin goes to walk away into the woods.
    "Hey. hey hey hey hey. eddie's still a wanted man. we can't just go for a hike in the woods." steve says annoyed. "this little steel capsule might be the way to save both max and eddie. what say you, Eddie the Banished?"
    everyone turns to look at him. "i say you're asking me to follow you into mordor, which, if i'm totally straight with you, i think is a really bad idea. but uh,  the shire, the shire is burning." eddie stands up and pulls me up with him. "so mordor it is." he says while i take one of his rings off and put it on me and slide my hand into his.
    we grab his stuff and follow dustin.

time skip after it gets dark
    dustin starts to go way too fast. we try to catch up. "dustin. can you slow down? dustin." eddie calls still holding onto me. "i think we're getting close" dustin calls back almost stepping into water. " watch your step big guy" eddie says grabbing him.
    eddie pulls out a boat onto the water and me, eddie, robin, and nancy get on. dustin tries to get on but nobody lets him. "this holds 4 people. tops, okay?" eddie tells dustin.
    steve pushes us into the water and hops on. "i thought you said four?" dustin asks, clearly upset. steve mouths him a sorry.
    robin stands up and waves, "bedtime at 9 kiddos. miss you already!" she hollers to them sitting back down where she was.
    as we were on the boat i started to play with eddie's hand again. i never really said it to anyone, but i'm sort of scared of the dark. i know that's childish but like, you don't know if there's a monster right behind you cause you can't see. so i'm pretty terrified of the dark.
     every time i heard any noise, i quickly looked to see what it was. the whole time on the boat was spent with me looking over my shoulder. i guess it was obvious cause they noticed.
    "hey uh, jordan. you okay?" eddie was the first to ask. "yeah you've been like hella paranoid the whole time." robin adds and everyone agrees. "you didn't see that clock... did you?" steve asks in a worried tone.
    "no it's not that. it's just. don't you think we should head back. it's getting late and you know a little... dark out." i say still looking around, unable to make eye contact.
    "are you... scared of the dark?" steve asks barely able to choke back his laughter. i hit him in the head. "NO! obviously not!" i respond in a defensive tone. "wow. jordan hopper scared of the dark." steve says causing everyone to laugh. "that's it harrington" it say and go over and pull his hair and make his hair a train wreck! like the worst he's ever looked.
    "OW OW OW OW OW! TOO FAR JORDAN! THATS IT!" steve yells as he goes to grab me but gets interrupted by nancy. "woah. woah, woah. woah, slow down. slow down guys." dustin asks what's going on and robin tells him it's wonky with a capital ahhh.
    steve starts taking off clothes to go down and look for it. "what're you doing?" nancy asks. steve tells us he was a swim captain and some other stuff so no complaining.
    "hey i'm not complaining. i do not wanna go down there." eddie replies taking out a bag and wrapping it around a flashlight for steve.
    steve then takes off his shirt, eddie turns to me to see if i'm looking. to his surprise i'm more focused on his hands, rings, and how our hands fit perfectly together. when he sees that he grins and laughs a little. "what's funny?" i ask looking up at him. "nothing."
    steve dives in the lake. i lay my head on eddies shoulder. "man, when did saving the world become so tiring?" i ask with my eyes closed. they all laugh.
    steve suddenly bursts out of the water. "i found it!" he says. "you found it?" "yeah i found it." robin grabs the walkie. "dustin you are a god damn einstein, steve found the gate."
   steve talks about how the gate is big but small. i don't even know. but then he gets janked underwater only to come up, and get janked again.
    we al freak tf out. i mean wouldn't you? nancy jumps in, not long after, robin follows. eddie flips out.
    "GODDAMNIT LYING SON OF A BITCH! oh this is so stupid. this is so stupid." eddie yells. "it's okay eddie, come on we can jump together." i say trying to calm him down.
    we go to the edge of the boat. "you ready?" i ask him, taking his hand in mine. "as i'll ever be." we jump in while eddie continues to yell, "shit shit shit shit shit!"