"Emelia." Theo warned, the first time I had ever heard him speak so harshly towards me. I flinched back slightly from surprise. "I can't." He whispered, shaking his head. "I can't talk to you about this." He told me again.

I nodded my head softly before I turned back around myself. I sucked my bottom lip in between my teeth and felt the awkwardness wash over us.

"I just thought it would explain what was going on with Draco, that's all." I mumbled, swinging my feet under the table to distract myself.

"Draco is just... You'll figure it all out sooner or later. If your parents don't explain everything, I will before shit hits the fan." He finally mumbled, breaking the silence.

"Why can't you tell me now?" I asked him softly, moving my hand to lay over his on top of the table. A smile crossed his lips as he squeezed my fingers. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"I just can't, love." He sighed, and I gave up.

"Theo, stop. I have to finish this chapter or Snape is going to kill me." I chuckled, feeling his lips press against my exposed shoulder while I laid on my stomach on his bed.

"Just do it later," he mumbled, sliding my tank top strap out of the way for more access to my warm skin.

"I can't," I laughed, closing the book and rolling over under him so I was on my back. "And I don't have to listen to you." I said confidently, making his smile grow even larger.

"Says who?" He chuckled, trailing his fingers up and down my sides, applying pressure every so often to tickle me. I burst into a fit of giggles under him, flailing in his arms to break free.

"Stop!" I laughed, gasping for air as his tickles continued.

"Put down the homework and I'll stop." He promised me, only picking up the speed of his hands moving.

"I will!" I squealed, making him roll off of me and pull me into his chest.

"Good. This is my favorite part of the day." He sighed contently before he tucked his nose into my hair and tightened his grasp around my waist.

I moved my fingers up to his loose curls and started stroking and combing through them gently. He let out a hum before he kissed my cheek softly.

"Is this still pretending to you?" He asked me softly as he let his eyes fall shut. I let out a giggle before my finger reached up and traced over the freckles that lined his nose. He crinkled his face while his eyes remained shut.

"I guess not." I whispered, watching as his adorable smile pulled up at his lips.

"Nott, you can't fucking avoid me forever." A voice boomed outside the door, followed by profuse pounding in the wood.

"Don't tell me that's who I think it is." I sighed, rolling onto my back and glancing at the door. Theodore let out a long sigh before he kissed the back of my head.

"It is." He grumbled, standing from his bed and stalking towards the wooden door. "What?" He asked out of annoyance, swinging the door open and revealing an equally annoyed Malfoy.

"You've been avoiding me." Draco told him flatly.

Something changed in Theo since we last encountered Draco a few weeks ago. Something I don't think I'd ever understand. He was intimidated. Scared.

"No, um- I was actually- well, I was gonna come find you." Theo scratched the back of his neck while he cleared his throat. His words were coming out in stutters, showing off just how nervous he was.