Chapter 4: Where Is She?

I'm standing in the door I need to look for Maya. I run around like a a wild bore, but then I see Maya and my heart stops.

I run up to her. She looks terrible. I'm stopped.

"Look young man I don't care if this girl is your girlfriend, but if you know what's best for her you need to stay away. She is in critical condition.", the paramedic says in a stern tone.

"Got a female here with a collapsed long brain trauma and other serious injuries.", I hear a paramedic day as him and some nurses lift Maya into the ambulance.

"No please do you don't understand", I say, "Don't take her away please she'll be fine I hope."

• Time Skip•

I'm in Riley's room because they won't let me in Maya's and Farkle's in the West Wing. As they bring her back in from surgery, she flutters her eyes open.

"Lucas?", she says.

"Yeah?", I respond.

"Where's Maya?", she questions a bit out of it.

•Riley's POV•

I wake up in a hospital room. Only to find that my best friend isn't in here. I would have thought she would have been waiting for me.

"Lucas?", I ask.

"Yeah?", he responds.

"Where's Maya?", I ask still a little confused.

"Umm", he says. At that moment a doctor comes into the room.

"Ah Miss Matthews, I'm glad to see that your awake, I've gotten news that your best friend in Maya Hart.", He says.

"Yes", I say in a questionable answer.

"Well you see..."

•Maya's POV•

I'm in Riley's room. But of course she can't see me. I've gotten used to that. I want to go back and check on my body but I can't because I'm in surgery. The doctor comes in and starts talking to Riley. Then they change the subject over to me.

"Well you see, Maya was involved in a car crash a little while after you came in. This isn't a minor injury. She is extremely hurt.", he says. I started to listen.

"What do you mean?", Riley questions.

"The ambulance she was riding in crashed in to a pick up truck. Her lung collapsed, she suffering from brain trauma, her right arm and left leg are in serious damage and she has a couple broken ribs.", he finishes.

"What?!?!, No!" She yelled, "This can't be, she was fine right before I got shot.

"Miss Matthews, please calm down", he says. I hear faint sobs only to look over and see a crying Lucas. Then I see Riley crying too. With them both crying I can barely hear what Riley said. But I know what the doctor said in response.

"Miss Matthews, she's in a coma I'm afraid you can't see her right now and you are way to weak to walk.", He says. The word "coma" made me think of Farkle.

Oh no, Farkle.