"May I come in?" I look up to see that Melissa, the main caretaker of the pack orphanage is standing in the doorway.

"Yes, come in," I tell her.

"Alpha I am here to talk to you about Faith's situation." She says sitting across from me.

"What about that? Is everything not alright?" I ask getting worried.

"For now, everything is okay but I can't promise that everything will be alright in the future too. She is very small compared to other pups of her age, also we can't forget that she doesn't like to go out of the orphanage much. She needs to be more active in daily life." I nod my head in understanding.

"How's the result of her asthma test?" I ask.

"The result is good but like I said she needs to be more active so that she doesn't need to be dependent on her pump or the medicines." She replies with an assuring smile.

"Okay, I will tell Jimin to look at Faith's schedule and make some changes where she gets to walk or play for more time." I tell her.

"That's all I have to say. I will be going now and congratulations on finding your mate." By saying this, she gets out of the office leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Faith has been diagnosed with asthma right after her birth so she needs to be taken care of at a serious level. That's another reason for me to be so protective of her. Although her asthma is always in control. Still, it doesn't make me any less worried.

I get up from my chair and walk towards the window from where I can see the whole pack lands. I look at the pups who are playing with each other and living a normal life. But Faith is not among them because she is sitting inside the orphanage with Enna, her stuffed elephant.

I have tried so many times to bring her out but she only stays for some time and starts throwing tantrums to get inside. She can be a chatterbox inside the orphanage, but the moment she steps out her whole demeanor takes a 180° change.

I release a sigh and decide to go out for a much-needed run. Duncan is extremely dominant so I have to let him take control twice per day or he goes into an angry rampage which is not a pretty sight to behold. I walk out of the packhouse and change into my giant black wolf who stands tall looking over the few members that are walking at some distance.

"Finally, you let me take over." Duncan remarks sarcastically through the mind link while running towards the north forest side.

"You know how busy I have been since morning so I didn't get time to go for a run. It's not like you don't get to take over every day." I retort.

"I don't care how busy you are. I only care about my daily run." He grunts and runs faster.

Suddenly, I stop running when the sound of brunch crunching comes to my ears. I snap my wolf ears towards the way from where the sound has come and can clearly hear a bunch of paws hitting the ground. The sickening smell of rogues also invade my nose making me groan.

"Namjoon, there are a few rogues in the north side of the forest. I will take care of them, you look after the packhouse and tell Yungi to go towards the orphanage." I order through the mind link and get a 'yes alpha' in response before focusing my eyes on the rogues who have now come out of the bushes.

There are a total of twenty wolves in the group and it won't be a problem for me to take them down. A brown wolf who is looking like the leader of the pack walks to the front and lets out a growl trying to intimidate me. But he is in delusion if he thinks that his pup-like growl will make me scared.

"Are you ready for some fun?" I ask Duncan.

"Hell yeah. It's been long since been I have play with nasty rogues who think they can do whatever they want so let me show them why they shouldn't have come here in the first place." He replies and I can imagine the smirk on his lips.

Two rogues jump at me but I step back making them collide with the ground. I think that makes the group angry because the next moment they attack me together. But that's their extremely wrong move as my wolf-like to kill more than ten rogues together.

Duncan doesn't play with them for much longer and one by one snaps their necks without showing any mercy. We get some scratches on us but that will heal in a few hours. I change back in my human form when only the leader is alive but in a poor condition.

I will keep him in the dungeon for investigation. I need to know why the hell suddenly this rogue group attack my pack. I throw his battered body on my shoulder and jog towards the packhouse to see if everything is alright or not. Thankfully, when I reach their nothing seems to be out of place.

"Take him to the dungeon." I order Namjoon who nods his head and takes the rogue away from my sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, my lovelies....

How did you like the chapter?

I am going to introduce Jon's character soon and I am sure you will be shocked to read about his character.

The next update will be tomorrow so stay tuned and follow me to get notification.

💞💞💞