Side Story: Guizhong

Start from the beginning

"O-oh? Haha, that's way too impossible! The old man doesn't like me." She then continues chomping her food and I couldn't help but to laugh. Iris looks so cute whenever I tease her like this.

"Really? But I could see it the way Morax stare at you." She suddenly turned pale. "Haha, you mean how he wants to kill me?" I chuckled.

"No, I meant he really likes you, Iris." I patted her head.

"But Morax likes you, Guizhong." She spoke and I froze. I sigh. Well, I wish.

I looked at Iris who was also staring at me with her innocent expression as if she doesn't have any clue. It's understandable since Morax is a God of rock. His expression and attitude are also like that of a rock.

Iris, I also wish that Morax likes me. But he likes you. He likes you very much. Maybe, he already fallen in love with you. Because you're just too lovable, Iris.

"Guizhong, I'm not a dog ya know." I chuckled. "Oh, I'm sorry." I took away my hand from her head yet she suddenly pulled my hand and intertwined it with our fingers.

"Let's hold hands until we go back to Cloud Retainer's abode!" Iris said, screaming and laughing. She suddenly starts running and I tried to catch up with her.

I could see her smile from behind as her beautiful hair swayed with the wind as we both ran, the sun shone brightly on us once more. Her sweet and gentle smile makes my heart ache. So this is Morax's view when he looks at her.

I guess... this is a goodbye then. Morax, please take care of Iris for me. You both love each other yet are naive to each other's feelings. I want you both to live happily ever after.

***

"Morax..." I cupped Morax's cheeks as my hands were stained red. My body felt weak and I lay down on Morax's thighs to rest.

I coughed blood, "Morax..." I tried to call his name. My vision starts to blurry yet I can still see Morax's tears streaming down his face.

"Guizhong don't leave me." He begged and I smiled. I leaned closer to his ears and say, "take care of Iris... and this dumbbell, Morax." I gave him the dumbbell that I always take care of.

I smiled and saw a Glaze Lily petal falling in the air. Finally, I closed my eyes leaving this world and my feelings for Morax. But I hope, even after I die. I hope that Morax knew my feelings for him. I wanted to be selfish for once.

"I love you, Morax. Please... be happy without me."

****

AN: so I made this because my TikTok fyp is full of Guizhong x Zhongli angst, I couldn't help it:')))

BONUS: Imagine, Ningguang is the reincarnation of "Guizhong". One day, as she strolls in Liyue Harbor she caught a glimpse of Iris and Zhongli also strolling down the streets having their own "date". Suddenly, Ningguang felt weird in her chest. Seeing Zhongli and Iris being happy together makes her heartache and also happy for them. Ningguang knows she's a Fatui but she let her escape from the grasp of Tianquian. Only Iris though. 

:)