Prologue

She's beautiful, kind, elegant & Intelligent. I don't have anything on what she has. Iris thought as she look at Guizhong looking at the skies as the Lantern Rite celebrated in Liyue Harbor.

"Look at all those people, Iris! Their smiles, laughter.. everything is beautiful. More beautiful than the pretty stars in the skies." Guizhong said referring to the lanterns floating in the air.

"Yes, you're right," Iris mumbled. It's only the two of them here at the top of the mountain inside the harbor.

Iris stared at Guizhong with jealousy in her eyes. Her silky smooth black hair and her perfectly matched blue-white dress with glaze lilies on it.

It's no question that Rex Lapis fell in love with Guizhong at first sight.
"Iris, Guizhong." Cloud Retainer suddenly came interrupting Iris' flow of thoughts.

"Have you seen Morax?" Cloud Retainer asked. Rex Lapis has two names, Morax & Rex Lapis.
The people of Celestia call him Rex Lapis while the people of Liyue call him either Rex Lapis or Morax.

"No... why Cloud Retainer?" Guizhong asks with a worried voice. "After he sparked the festival, he's nowhere to be found." Guizhong thinks deeply after what Cloud Retainer said. Iris didn't even bother to think where Morax is, 'maybe he's just chilling out there drinking some tea or
something.' Iris thought.

Guizhong glanced at Iris. All this time, Guizhong knows what Iris feels. Iris felt jealousy and inferiority from her. She also knows how Iris likes Morax so much.

She could see it in Iris' eyes. Guizhong even told this to Morax. There's no change, hard as rock Morax is he didn't care or he just ignored it.

Guizhong wants to be Iris' friend and stay by her side forever without the feeling of inferiority or jealousy on her.

Iris is a kind-natured and intelligent young lady. Nobody knows her past life and only the superiors of Celestia knows.

Guizhong tapped Iris' arms cutting off Iris' train of thoughts. Iris looked at her with confusion.

'My, what an innocent little girl.' Guizhong thought.

"How about you go find Rex Lapis for us?" Guizhong smiled sweetly. This may be her last day in staying with us.

Tomorrow morning, there will be the war for the throne. Whatever the reason is, it's not good. No one knows the real reason for the Archon War except the Archons such as Rex Lapis & Barbatos, but even none of them will tell the reason why the war should start and sacrifice many people's lives.

Iris' lips sealed. She can't mutter any word of declining Guizhong's offer. She had no idea that Guizhong is pushing her to Morax. Iris just nodded and started walking to the destination that Iris knows.

Well, maybe it's because of her stalking habits. She blushed as how she realized she's stalking
someone else.